Hardware Is the Supercard DSTwo still the best flash cart for 3ds?

Leoheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so the DSTWO can do DS, and GBA games and is still supported and able to be used with the newest patches? I'm debating upgrading my ambassador 3ds because my acekard2 is obviously not going to work if i update to play the newer 3ds games...

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so the DSTWO can do DS, and GBA games and is still supported and able to be used with the newest patches? I'm debating upgrading my ambassador 3ds because my acekard2 is obviously not going to work if i update to play the newer 3ds games...

first, to answer the OP regarding Supercard,
[best card] NO, GOD NO.
[for 3DS], yes if you were dumb enough to update your firmware like a totalNoob, the smart people with a low firmware can use an Acekard2i, the vastly superior card.

---------
to answer lleohart, SC's GBA emulation is a bit misleading, and by a bit i mean massively.
GBA emulation SUCKS, it nowhere near the real thing. of course a DS Lite + EZ3in1 plays GBA games perfectly with real hardware. supported also isnt as great as you think, a simple AP patch with DSbuff is all it takes to run the newer games, it only takes like 2 seconds.

you should do a system transfer to a 3DS XL and take advantage of the amazing eShop offerings, if you want to illegally pirate games, 3DS is the worst option.

the ideal setup would be: used ds lite off ebay and a acekard or cyclo. and keep your 3DS for eShop only.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, if you update does the scds2 work on the newest firmware?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
[for 3DS], yes if you were dumb enough to update your firmware like a totalNoob, the smart people with a low firmware can use an Acekard2i, the vastly superior card.
Protip: Game systems don't come with firmware 1.0 forever. 3DS/XL units being sold now already come with a later firmware than the AK2i supports preinstalled.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Protip: Game systems don't come with firmware 1.0 forever. 3DS/XL units being sold now already come with a later firmware than the AK2i supports preinstalled.

which is exactly why you Never Update Your Firmware!
if you have to buy a new unit just SWAP THE MOTHERBOARD. they almost never get damaged.
and if you use a older model you can avoid all this firmware nonsense.

eah, i think we cannot rely on ak anymore, they have stoped updating for a long time and even some news. And i personally think Dstwo si the most strong card and work on 3DS perfectly. 3dstown you can have a look

not sure what you mean by "rely", they allready manufactured and distributed the flachcart, you cant honestly expect them to support it forever. just because dumb kids keep updating firmware.

newer games require a siimple AP patch with DSbuff.. it takes 2 seconds.

as for firmware support, you have the option of Not updating, using a DS Lite, or just buying the games and not illegally pirating them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work