Is the Supercard DSTwo still the best flash cart for 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Edge4o7, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    I'm looking to get a flashcart for my 3DS XL. Is the DSTwo still the best? If so, can someone recommend a good store to buy from? If anyone can recommend a US store that'd be great as I live in the US and getting it fast would be nice.

Also, my 3DS is on firmware 4.1.0-8U. Is that alright?

2. potato3334

Member potato3334 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think Cyclos evolution is better, but scdstwo is still being supported

R4i gold with wood firmware also gets the job done with ds games, but it cant do the fancy stuff scdstwo can do, although scdstwo is a lot more expensive.

both work on 3ds recent firmware

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  4. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    Well, my main goal is just to play some DS games. I don't care about cheats or "fancy" stuff I don't think.

This is probably a stupid question, but let's say the 3DS was successfully "hacked". Is there a chance that any of these cards would work for 3ds games, or would you probably have to buy a new 3DS flashcart? If there's no chance of "future proofing" so to speak then I'd rather just get one of the cheaper ones provided they work. As long as the cards are made quality. I had an Acekard 2i and it was pretty poor build quality and eventually crapped out of me regardless of paper tricks etc.

5. Rydian

United States
    Beyond the fancy stuff, the DSTwo is the only cart for the DSi/3DS that has never needed a hardware revision to take newer updates. All the other carts either have multiple versions (with the older ones unable to be used on newer systems), or just died.

We don't know about 3DS ROMs, but I wouldn't count on it. We don't know if it'll be a flash cart or soft mod or whatever.
    If we knew, it'd be because a hack would be out, but there's not one... so we don't know.

Also the DSTwo is the price of a single new title on the DS. :P

6. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    Alright, I'll go with the DSTwo then. Thanks for the info.

7. Almahisen

Newcomer Almahisen Member

United States
    There is no wonder dstwo is the best card, but the price is higher.You said you just want play nds games,so maybe you can take r4i gold 3ds into account,this is the most popluar r4i card,uses wood firmware,with a quicker firmware updating,can work perfectly on 3DS and DSi latest version too,the price is cheaper than dstwo.

8. Dakaa

Newcomer Dakaa Member

New Zealand
    how much is DSTwo card? and where can i buy one overseas (original, watch out on fakes)? im in new zealand

9. Rydian

United States
  10. ct_bolt

Member ct_bolt Creator

United States
    This seems to be a good place to ask this... I want to play DSi mode games but I only have a DSTwo.
    Is iEvo currently the best cart for that (even though it is no longer updated)?

Edit: Not trying to thread-jack this, so if needed I can create a new thread.

11. Rydian

United States
    The only cart that's ever run in DSi-mode is the iEvo. No other cart's done it.

However DSi-mode only works on older DSi models that haven't been updated (I think it's 1.4.2 or below, somebody correct me on this), since it's DSi-mode hack was broken with an update and the 3DS, and it stopped getting support too.

ct_bolt likes this.
  12. ct_bolt

Member ct_bolt Creator

United States
    Thanks again Rydian! :bow:
    You are so very helpful :mthr:, looks like I have to just wait or buy DSi games then (I'm on 1.4.3) :(...

13. Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer Senbei Norimaki Advanced Member

Realhotstuff will update the cart only if you request them too. They shipped mine with the old firmware on it. It didn't matter to me because my 3ds was still running on 4.3 firmware at the time plus I have Ds Lite available.

edit. It seems now Realhotstuff new stock of cards come with the latest firmware.

14. algent

Newcomer algent Newbie

France
    Is there any good/safe european based shop to get a DsTwo ? I'm lost in the middle of all the fake ones and I don't want to trust blindly a random one ^^' .

15. Rydian

United States
  16. algent

Newcomer algent Newbie

France
  17. ryanlaw
    This message by ryanlaw has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    May 9, 2013
  18. zarabow
    This message by zarabow has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    May 9, 2013
  19. soulrazor

Member soulrazor GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    i got one from dsflash.es its a spanish shop got there my ez-flash 4 and my dstwo. ordered both this week and they already arrived too. But i will only have time to test them tomorrow.

20. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

However, if you get one of those you may have to buy a new cart later on if you want to keep up with the firmware updates (so you can play newer 3DS games, for example). The DSTwo is fully software updatable.

21. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    indeed, the R4ids.cn cards cant fully emulate a DS cartridge, so if they add more hardware checks then you will have to buy a new card

DSTwo is the only card that can fully emulate a entire DS cartridge so will pass any checks

22. babyface
    This message by babyface has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 4, 2013.
    May 9, 2013
  23. ryanlaw
    This message by ryanlaw has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    May 13, 2013
  24. William Bernhard

Newcomer William Bernhard Member

United States
    The supercard DSTWO is by far the best Flashcard to date and it's because it's CPU. the thing can do the read/write things faster, also it auto-patch the games so you wont need patch the games with external apps, the CPU will handle the newest games better.