Hacking Is The Supercard DSTwo Any Good?

So Solid Jedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both a SuperCard DSTwo and Ackard 2i, they are both good cards, the Acekard 2i is the preferred choice for 3DS owners as it works 100% of the time whereas the SuperCard DSTwo seems to only work on occassion with my 3DS, i always get the error message displayed, its not until i swap the card out a fair few times before the 3DS actually accepts the card. If you only have a DS or DSi and you don't plan to get a 3DS anytime soon then get the SuperCard it has abit more features, but if you have a 3DS or are thinking of upgrading to one then only get the Acekard 2i to save yourself the headaches.

nutsnbolts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bought both as well and honestly acerkard had been flawless. I have the dstwo on mine and haven't used any of the features thatit offers. I figured to the very least the cheats would be something I would use but I can't even can get that to work. The acerkard had worked to its expectations.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bought both as well and honestly acerkard had been flawless. I have the dstwo on mine and haven't used any of the features thatit offers. I figured to the very least the cheats would be something I would use but I can't even can get that to work. The acerkard had worked to its expectations.
Do you mean the cheats from usrcheat.dat or freecheat?

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DSTWO is, hands down, the most superia flash cart. Acekard 2i offers bang for buck, DSTWO offers features but is pricey. The R4i Gold 3DS is very similar to the Acekard 2i - has the same feel, OS look, file system, build quality but no spring SD slot.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have the DSOne(got it when it first came out years ago) and it's been a great cart. But I'm sick of not being able to use SDHC cards. I mean I have the Evo, but it's starting to crap out and TC has obviously abandoned the cart. So I'm thinking of going for the DSTwo.

One question though. With the DSOne whenever I hit L+R+Start to go into the in-game menu, it takes something like close to a minute for the OS to load that menu. Is it like this with the DSTwo as well? Or does the added power(I'm guessing this cart has more power than the DSOne) of the cart load the in-game menu pretty much instantly?

Thanks.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright that's cool. That's what I was wanting to know. Guess the DSOne is just too underpowered to load it instantly or something.

I'll definitely pick one up here soon.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, that's definitely one of the best features of the DSTwo, it's real-time menu.
I remember the CycloDS menu taking a very long time to load when summoned, it depended a lot on the microSD card being used but it was still slow.

DSTwo's real-time menu is instantaneous and highly functional and elegant, to be honest it's what DS flashcarts have strived for, for a very long time.

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the SCDS2 any good? It's the best flashcart on the market! :) Sure, it may be more expensive than the others, but the extra features and excellent support + compatibility more than make up for it. :)

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My DS2 arrived yesterday and I have to say I regret buying it. I've accepted the extra price for GBA emulation on the 3DS and the GBA emu sucks, I will always prefer my DS with it's M3 real Slot2 RAM combo. But DS2x86 with 20 MB of RAM and the extra CPU is great, but not really worth the price, I should have bought a dirt cheap Acecard.

And what I really dislike: It doesn't fit properly into the 3DS/DS Lite Slot1. It's always a pain to get it out. The GUI is ugly too. Can't understand why people keep bashing the M3, Sakura is a lot better IMHO.

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's pretty much common knowlege that if you want GBA you either get something with a GAB slot, or a PSP.
OK, but which advantage does this extra CPU/RAM which eats up our battery have? Cheats? Does anybody use cheats?
Without GBA emulation the extra CPU+RAM are IMHO just money and battery wasters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson