Hacking Is the SuperCard DS One worth getting these days?

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
It's one of these things that make me wonder, I just have to know
tongue.gif

I want to know, ATM, is the SCDS One worth getting? I mean, the R4, the M3 Simply & Real, the EZ-Flash V are all in its price range (with the Cyclo and the AceKard in another level competely
tongue.gif
).
Is it really better than the cards competing against it?

Ahmad Yasser

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, its totally worth getting the SCDS.
Its a bit cheaper than the CycloDS but has more features (even if many people don't use them) but the only thing it has working against itself is the GUI.
They're still using 1.41 moonshell and because of that games load slower than other cards.
The cheat system is the best there is (and there isn't anyone that'll argue that point) but the interface sucks bawlz.

Right now the CycloDS is the top of the heap with the SCDS following VERY closely behind.

vergessen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
word of advise, don't get the ver 3 of that card. Or if you are thinking about it go to the supercard forums. nonstop problems with connection errors pretty much the only fix they offer is a paper shim fix. from what I understand the ver 2 cards dont have this problem

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
@ vergessen

If you mean V3 (SDHC ver) not recognised most of the times, then I can confirm this problem. I tried to contact the seller and he would not even reply
ph34r.gif

I might have to get some other cart...soon. Total waste of money SC ONE V3

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@ vergessen

If you mean V3 (SDHC ver) not recognised most of the times, then I can confirm this problem. I tried to contact the seller and he would not even reply
ph34r.gif

I might have to get some other cart...soon. Total waste of money SC ONE V3

Well thats not good, but your is the first post on any forum I have seen mentioning this problem on Ver3.0 SCDS-1, I still don't belive it's as wide spread as 'vergassen' seems to imply, the two main SC forums I linked to certainly are not full of the posts he implied were there.

If I was you, I would just take the back cover off the ds, and push the pins further out into the slot to gaurantee good contact, and/or clean the contacts.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had connection problems with my V3 & i had to send it back & at the time there was a lot of posts on the official sc forum about it but im sure that problems fixed now....
but if you read the official forum now its full of psram errors & cards are being sent back

i had a V1 for 10 months & i loved it but i hate my V3 that much i bought a DSTT & i love it

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ingame is great and homebrew works great, but honestly the menu is just too slow and game loading is slower than most carts.
for those reasons it was too cumbersome for for me to use regularly anymore.
if you compare it to the RPG loader, it's like literally 5 times slower navigation, and maybe 1-3 seconds slower game loading.

edit:
considering the original topic question, this would be my direct response.
for those considering a new flashcard, it's a good card to consider.

the range of functions is top notch, one of the best.
the cons are, it's less than intuitive and slow menu browsing (although its not so bad in comparison to G6/M3 Real)

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Well I personly have no problems with the Supercard DS One. Its more than fast enough for me, the interface lets you pick and run games within a couple of seconds, and it has loads of features like real time save, in game cheats and help guides, 100% compatibility.

Just like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the official forums today, and of the 30 or so new topics I hadn't seen before, at least 5 were about connection issues or PSRAM issues. My guess is that the error rate with the newest batches is higher than normal, but this is just an observation that could be false.

vergessen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Only one of those posts (posts spread out over a span of over 6months)mention it's a V3.0 SDHC version... this hardly suggests the 'epidemic' you implied.

vergessen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we can continue this in pm or just accept that I think the supercard is one of the top cards I just don't trust the ver3 of the card. I am not going to continue to post threads where people have problems, other people in this thread have said the build issue in question was fixed, I don't know, I have a ver 2 card that I test with and will stick with until some major change comes out and I have to update.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol @ Extreme Coder topic.. it has gotten a bit off topic but oh wells XD

Its up to you what you're looking for in a flashcart. If you want to simply play games and get it done as fast as possible, just get the R4.

otherwise if you're looking for more options like realtime save, in game guide, etc and dont mind sparing maybe a few more seconds at game loading then get the supercard v2. (i have a v1 and it works great =))

as for using slot-2 Supercard MiniSD natively as a RAM and GBA Expansion Pak, im not sure.. maybe somebody else can answer that one. All i know is that the scdsone (like most flashcarts) can also act as a passme.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for using slot-2 Supercard MiniSD natively as a RAM and GBA Expansion Pak, im not sure.. maybe somebody else can answer that one. All i know is that the scdsone (like most flashcarts) can also act as a passme.
You can open the patching menu on the SCDS and choose the option to use a slot-2 Supercard as RAM. This lets the Opera DS browser work without having to patch the Opera rom on your PC.

You can use the Supercard to play GBA games, launching them from the SCDS menu, but you can't save this way. I'm still curious as to whether the QPC method would work, but I haven't received any confirmation on that. If you want to save, use the Supercard by itself using patched roms with no SCDS usage.

Homebrew will see the slot-2 Supercard's RAM and use it immediately, no need for patching.

serco16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*