Is the r4 outdated

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by pollywollydo, Aug 18, 2010.

Aug 18, 2010

Is the r4 outdated by pollywollydo at 1:38 PM (1,328 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. pollywollydo
    OP

Newcomer pollywollydo Newbie

United Kingdom
    I own an R4 and R4i but am increasing getting problems with newer games.I have been using an arm 7 patch but have realised that if a game appears in the menu as untitled then this wont help.I have has no luck with puzzle time puzzle art art academy and Alice in wonderland.Is it time for a new card or is there something else I ought to be doing which i havent realised.I do update where possible but havent seen any lately.

2. Ringo619

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Use ysmenu or the wood r4 try searching both on google

Btw don't make double topics on the same thing

Your other topic

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
  4. pollywollydo
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that .I have struggled with the ys menu before.I have googled it and it looks very complicated indeed.I am about to get a new dsi Xl so that I can see it better.My eyes dont work like a kids anymore being an OAP. The r4 Wood looks interesting but doesnt seem to have many games which appeal to me. I like puzzles mainly.Pokemon and mario are not for me.
    Am I right in thinking any dsi will need a ysmenu the Wood wont work?
    I see the shop sells acecards too.Would it be simpler for me to start again from scratch with a 2i.Do they have regular updates which work better.
    I am in need of some expert advice it seems.last time I jumped in too quickly and got the wrong thing.I want to get it right this time.

5. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    It's not that hard to install YSMenu
    All you need is this
    http://filetrip.net/f10973-Mini-YSMenu-Generator-0-4.html
    It's the easiest and simplest way to installing it.
    As for R4Wood, it should work just fine for the games you want to play. Firmwares aren't made for just one series of games or one style of games. It should work just fine with just about all the games you want to play.
    Well for the XL since R4 doesn't work on it and R4 Clones are just silly, you should start over with another card for it. If you want to start over with Acekard 2i, that would be wise really. AKAIO in a great firmware and is damn good with compatibility.
    I would also suggest looking into the Supercard Two if you want a powerhouse of a flashcard, since it not only has a firmware based on Acekard RPG, but also works with GBA games and has an upcoming SNES emulator.

6. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Take a Look at my Wood R4 guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=227742

If this is what your R4 looks like

[​IMG]

Then it should run Wood, and will run the type of games you want including Art Acadamy. For the DSi XL, The Acekard 2i will be a good choice. YSMenu isn't the easiest thing on the planet and the GUI isn't that great.

7. pollywollydo
    OP

United Kingdom