Hacking Is the r4 outdated

pollywollydo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I own an R4 and R4i but am increasing getting problems with newer games.I have been using an arm 7 patch but have realised that if a game appears in the menu as untitled then this wont help.I have has no luck with puzzle time puzzle art art academy and Alice in wonderland.Is it time for a new card or is there something else I ought to be doing which i havent realised.I do update where possible but havent seen any lately.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

pollywollydo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that .I have struggled with the ys menu before.I have googled it and it looks very complicated indeed.I am about to get a new dsi Xl so that I can see it better.My eyes dont work like a kids anymore being an OAP. The r4 Wood looks interesting but doesnt seem to have many games which appeal to me. I like puzzles mainly.Pokemon and mario are not for me.
Am I right in thinking any dsi will need a ysmenu the Wood wont work?
I see the shop sells acecards too.Would it be simpler for me to start again from scratch with a 2i.Do they have regular updates which work better.
I am in need of some expert advice it seems.last time I jumped in too quickly and got the wrong thing.I want to get it right this time.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pollywollydo said:
Thanks for that .I have struggled with the ys menu before.I have googled it and it looks very complicated indeed.I am about to get a new dsi Xl so that I can see it better.My eyes dont work like a kids anymore being an OAP. The r4 Wood looks interesting but doesnt seem to have many games which appeal to me. I like puzzles mainly.Pokemon and mario are not for me.
Am I right in thinking any dsi will need a ysmenu the Wood wont work?
I see the shop sells acecards too.Would it be simpler for me to start again from scratch with a 2i.Do they have regular updates which work better.
I am in need of some expert advice it seems.last time I jumped in too quickly and got the wrong thing.I want to get it right this time.
It's not that hard to install YSMenu
All you need is this
http://filetrip.net/f10973-Mini-YSMenu-Generator-0-4.html
It's the easiest and simplest way to installing it.
As for R4Wood, it should work just fine for the games you want to play. Firmwares aren't made for just one series of games or one style of games. It should work just fine with just about all the games you want to play.
Well for the XL since R4 doesn't work on it and R4 Clones are just silly, you should start over with another card for it. If you want to start over with Acekard 2i, that would be wise really. AKAIO in a great firmware and is damn good with compatibility.
I would also suggest looking into the Supercard Two if you want a powerhouse of a flashcard, since it not only has a firmware based on Acekard RPG, but also works with GBA games and has an upcoming SNES emulator.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Take a Look at my Wood R4 guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=227742

If this is what your R4 looks like

IMG_3524.jpg

Then it should run Wood, and will run the type of games you want including Art Acadamy. For the DSi XL, The Acekard 2i will be a good choice. YSMenu isn't the easiest thing on the planet and the GUI isn't that great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.