Hardware Is the New3DS c-stick the same as the New 3DS XL one?

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone.
I've used my N3dsXL c-stick a lot (especially on smash bros), and after years of use, it's much softer and worn out. I wanted to order a replacement, but I thought I could use the c-stick from the New3ds i just got and not have to spend 8$ just for a piece of rubber.
Will the c-stick from the New3ds work on the N3dsXL?
Thanks.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get the crappy Nintendo c-stick nub. Go for either the PSP-1000 cap or better yet, the Lenovo super slim profile TrackPoint.

Read this thread to learn about both:
Edit - Don't mind the title. As long as you get an Insten brand PSP-1000 cap, denting won't be an issue.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not recommend the PSP nub. It's not a real improvement, just placebo. I haven't tried the Lenovo nub, though.
The 3DS stock c-stick nub is pure garbage the moment it touches a sweaty or oily right thumb. PSP-1000 cap is totally legit where it has a greater surface area, knurled texture, and when mounted correctly, excellent input response compared to the plain Jane, grey rubber.

Some people don't like the PSP-1000 cap because of how sensitive it can be with little feedback (very stiffy). If the Sony plastic piece is not your style, you should try the other option.

Although it's much more expensive, the Lenovo super slim TrackPoint nub has an all around balance of comfort, grip, reasonable input-response lag, and pseudo tactile feedback. It's also perfect for those with smaller hands like children and young adults if they find the PSP-1000 cap is too wide.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The 3DS stock c-stick nub is pure garbage the moment it touches a sweaty or oily right thumb. PSP-1000 cap is totally legit where it has a greater surface area, knurled texture, and when mounted correctly, excellent input response compared to the plain Jane, grey rubber.

Some people don't like the PSP-1000 cap because of how sensitive it can be with little feedback (very stiffy). If the Sony plastic piece is not your style, you should try the other option.

Although it's much more expensive, the Lenovo super slim TrackPoint nub has an all around balance of comfort, grip, reasonable input-response lag, and pseudo tactile feedback. It's also perfect for those with smaller hands like children and young adults if they find the PSP-1000 cap is too wide.
I have tried the PSP-1000 stick on my 3ds, but not the Lenovo one. I'd say the PSP stick is better compared to the original one, but I don't really want to wait another 2 weeks to order another one, since i lost the one i got. (I could not stop removing and putting it back on)!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried the PSP-1000 stick on my 3ds, but not the Lenovo one. I'd say the PSP stick is better compared to the original one, but I don't really want to wait another 2 weeks to order another one, since i lost the one i got. (I could not stop removing and putting it back on)!
PSP-1000 cap needs to be glued down with semi-permanent adhesive. Check the Semi-Hardmods thread in my signature. It goes over how to correctly mount and install the cap on a 3DS in the section labelled PSP-1000 Analogy Cap C-Stick Mod.

Reactions: legoinventeor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users