Gaming Is the game number alarming ?

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It has now been more than 4 years that the 3DS has been released and i'm thinking about how many games there is on this support.

ANd when i check the current game list, what i see is that i already have played most of the interesting games.

When i compare to the NDS list, i even still find some game that i would like to finish

When looking for the 3DS rom/iso list, it's : don't know which one to take (no one left is interesting enought)
but when it comes to NDS, its : don't know which one to take (there is to much game i would like to play).

How many years would the 3DS stay provided with games ? Looking at this rate, i doubt the 3DS could get as much games as the NDS has before the next DS/whatever generation. ;-;

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The 3DS has a pretty good library, though I agree the DS was better. The 3DS isn't at the end of its life cycle yet though, so it's not entirely fair to compare a console that is still having new games being made for it with a console that has exhausted all its releases.
There are still some great games coming out, like Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, and Triforce Heroes just came out and is receiving a huge free DLC update. We'll probably see another Pokemon gen on the 3DS as well.

Well the reason for the huge number of DS games is that there was a gigantic amount of shovelware for the DS.
Any popular console is like that and the 3DS is no exception.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If people thought for a second they would realize that the 3DS actually doesn't have quality games.
Sure there's couple one's but not as much as the DS had. I personally think that i would be able to count 10 games that i really want to play on it.

Last edited by GamerzHell9137,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the ds sold more consoles, luring in more developers, luring in more buyers, luring in more developers.

the 3ds got its release fucked up by developers pulling back system support and it never truly recovered from that the way it could have.
if it wasnt for mobile games being stupid to control still and sony messing up the vita so badly, it might not even be where it is today.

take to that how its kinda harder to make 3ds games as in more complicated and expensive.

Reactions: BORTZ

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the amount of shovelware doesn't really matter that much. when i look at the games i love on DS there's a good two dozen. on DS there's a dozen at most.

just off of the top of my head.

DS.

pokemon 6x, digimon 3x, dragon quest 4x, dragon quest joker 2x, then a bunch of other RPGs. FFTA2,TWEWY,golden sun (though not as good as the GBA ones its still good),Radiant histoire, 999, pokemon conquest, suikoden tierkries, infinite space, nostalgia,

i suppose 999 and pokemon conquest aren't technically RPGs?

3DS.
pokemon 4x, digimon 0x, dragon quest 0x (though 6,7 are OTW), DQJ 0x (damnit!!) other RPGs, yokai watch, stella glow, conception 2, fantasy life.

so for my personal tastes DS had a lot more to offer. doesn't mean 3DS isn't the superior console of course. but by library DS wins for me.

PS: before people mention other RPGs on both systems i only added RPGs that i actually have played and like.

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are still games planned on 3DS, but currently in each type of game I can find only 1 or 2 games (or interresting games).

Let's check :
Adventure/Zelda like : Only Zelda serie, i don't see other good games. Zenonia is not bad but not exceptional. Typical eshop game.
A-RPG : Tales of the Abyss, Xenobalde, MH serie
RPG (turn based or ATB) : Bravely default, Pokemon x2, Etrian Odisseyx2
T-RPG : Fire Emblem is good, I liked also ProjectXZone but i'm still searching where is the tactical part lol.
Beat'em All : I think there is only 2 samourai warriors like here. I'm not especially interested but there might be good, I should give it a look day.
FPS : 0 games (maybe some are on eshop ?). That's sad. The DS show us that it was good FPS experience on Handhelds console.
Adventure Text Games: Phoenix wright, PW vs Layton, Layton x1 or 2
Action/Sneaking : MGS3 is good (IMO the worst MGS ever but still a good game), and Splinter Cell (SC was my 1st game, and one of the only games i sold in my life...)
Harvest Moon RPG like : Haverst Moon and others are probably the only games lefts that i would be interested to play. Anyway i'm pretty sure that no one of those game would be as good as any 'regular' (and good) RPG of the 3DS.
and other traditionnal mario serie that are as much present in each nintendo console.
Survival : Resident Eveil x1 (mercenaries does not exist in my mind)
Fighting games : Tekken, DOA, SF, SSB, BlazBlue. 5 games :toot: (unfortunately i'm unable to play good without an arcade stick :'( )
and BB is probably my favorite fighting game but they didn't released the Extend version -.-

(I'm probably forgetting categories, like music with Project Mirai, Rythm, etc)
(Do not hesitate to give other games or categories not told here. You might give me some idea about games to play).

Most of all other game in all of that categories would not be as good as those already mentionned here. We are waiting some games like Bravely Second, another Etryan Odyssey, Fire Emblem, etc.
But that would add 5 or 6 excellent games on a 2016, then the same would appear 2017 to the ends, etc.

While the NDS have so many games that even a 'Final Fantasy tactics like' would be a whole categorie :moogle:

Last edited by koyuki38,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Its Nintendo mistake in the start which cost 3DS big... 1st year of a console really sets the tone for a consoles life.

also the smalls publishers was run wild on the DS with real hidden gems..

on the 3DS its the same old big boys.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many games do you expect on a system?

Its Nintendo mistake in the start which cost 3DS big... 1st year of a console really sets the tone for a consoles life.

also the smalls publishers was run wild on the DS with real hidden gems..

on the 3DS its the same old big boys.

what hidden gems are you talking about? most of the "obscure' games were published by Atlus or XSeed

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
How many games do you expect on a system?

what hidden gems are you talking about? most of the "obscure' games were published by Atlus or XSeed

Peggle: Dual Shot
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Space Invaders Extreme 2
N+
Ninjatown
Bangai-O Spirits
Retro Game Challenge
Knights in the Nightmare

thats just top of my head.

edit:
hotel dusk
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: Arubaro

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Peggle: Dual Shot
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Space Invaders Extreme 2
N+
Ninjatown
Bangai-O Spirits
Retro Game Challenge
Knights in the Nightmare
thats just top of my head.
edit:
hotel dusk
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

i think n+ is the only one of these i've heard of that's actually by someone small, and it was a remake of a pre-existing flash game

dcinq sunk, but they mainly sunk because of little king's story, I think.

taito listed as an obscure game maker is hilarious

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i think n+ is the only one of these i've heard of that's actually by someone small, and it was a remake of a pre-existing flash game

dcinq sunk, but they mainly sunk because of little king's story, I think.

taito listed as an obscure game maker is hilarious

looks like we have a gaming doctor professor.

your definition of small company is if its only five people who work from they mothers basement.

tumblr_mbdnznUfCx1qe8a0fo2_250.gif

making few millions in the big scheme of things isnt big.

Last edited by Flame,

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like we have a gaming doctor professor.

your definition of small company is if its only five people who work from they mothers basement.

making few millions in the big scheme of things isnt big.

my definition of a small company is one that isn't being funneled money and being completely supported by a larger company

taito's existence is one of the reasons modern gaming exists and popcap's pulling in a hundred million a year while being supported by EA

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have kinda noticed that too OP, but I think the number of games (worth playing, in this case) is linked to the number of units sold and developers. The DS was affordable and innovative. The 3DS is not so much. Not only are the naming conventions completely lost in translation, but the system isnt easy to understand, with the addition of the store, actual money, and the weird accounts.

All that said, I'm dying here for a good tactics game.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*