"Is the BIOS flashed in the DS?"

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Friendo, Mar 1, 2009.

Mar 1, 2009
  1. Friendo
    OP

Newcomer Friendo Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, so I'm selling my Nintendo DS Lite with a TTDS, EZ Flash 3 in 1, and a 2GB MicroSD. I put it on Craig's List and someone is interested in buying. They asked me this: "Has the DS BIOS been flashed?"

Sorry if this is a noobish question, but I really I don't know what this means. If someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. [​IMG]

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

If you have NO CLUE what it is then its doubtful if it is!

A flashed DS is a processed what people used to do as a way of getting it to boot SLOT 2 ds flash cards without the need of a SLOT 1 type passme/passkey/superkey/other pass through device in SLOT 1 used to fool the ds into loading the ds games/code as if it was running natively from SLOT 1 [​IMG]

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    BIOS is an inbuilt system that can not be flashed.

The firmware on the other hand can be and there exists several methods of tweaking it, the main one is flashme.
    Others include CreeboMe and FWNitro but you would have known that if you had used them.

They take some effort to install (you have to bridge a point on the DS motherboard) and it can also be restored (see noflashme) so frankly it does not matter.

4. Friendo
    OP

Newcomer Friendo Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate it!

I'm going to get back into some DS gaming once the DSi comes out.