Homebrew Is the banwave over?

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can say "freeShop." Just saying :P
It looks like Nintendo was just checking feedback from the system and banned any system with homebrew apps in the Activities. Also it's starting to look like this banwave may have passed, but I don't want to give a call just yet
That's what I've been thinking as well...

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You can say "freeShop." Just saying :P

I still don't get why adding 3ds+iso as one word is frowned upon and now others are scared to say "freeshop". I get linking to any copyrighted content is against the rules, yet the not mentioning the proper name is kinda cringe worthy at times.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninty can't ban me, because I am stealthy as fuck.
Same here fam, I have all the SpotPass and show friends what I'm playing stuff off, and I use a special trick to block their servers...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still don't get why adding 3ds+iso as one word is frowned upon and now others are scared to say "freeshop". I get linking to any copyrighted content is against the rules, yet the not mentioning the proper name is kinda cringe worthy at times.
I'm just personally extra careful, plus it's become somewhat of a meme...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
With freeShop, the title itself can be open to interpretation. Some can see it as "Free eShop" where you can get "free games." Or being that it's based on free and open source software and licence under the GNU, it's "Free shop" as in Libre software "free." So the vague naming keeps it safe.
The others I guess comes from the fear of being connected to piracy and thus actually naming the sites would inherently encourage piracy.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then there's a risk of losing business due to people who buy their games on cartridges... They literally look at the data in your activity log...

Hm, yeah, so it would work if they can exclude people that are more cartridge oriented.... pff it is kiling me.

Nintendo really, I have more important stuff to worry about. Like getting Clocky to run on your official VCs, and Pokémon Ash Gray. So leave me alone kthnx.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, yeah, so it would work if they can exclude people that are more cartridge oriented.... pff it is kiling me.

Nintendo really, I have more important stuff to worry about. Like getting Clocky to run on your official VCs, and Pokémon Ash Gray. So leave me alone kthnx.
Just backup your localfriendcodeseed_B and use a public one for now if you're that worried...

Reactions: Mansize

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I feel ya dude

giphy.gif

Alexyogos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope tried again, went to mystery gift on sun to get the mega stones, clicking the password option it asked if you want to connect to the Internet then after a few seconds it gives the update required message.

The by Internet option currently giving no gift found as they don't have anything available that I'm aware of.

I tried exiting the game and rerunning ctr-httpwn but no luck.

Are you using the latest Luma? I heard it helps, either that or run ctr-httpwn and exit homebrew launcher without rebooting

Heads up though; Ever since I updated to latest Luma, I can't access homebrew through the .CIA homebrew launcher anymore, but soundhax still works

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using the latest Luma? I heard it helps, either that or run ctr-httpwn and exit homebrew launcher without rebooting

Heads up though; Ever since I updated to latest Luma, I can't access homebrew through the .CIA homebrew launcher anymore, but soundhax still works

No like I said I'm still using luma 6.6, not sure if it's one of the nightly builds or the one that was on the GitHub at the time I hacked the 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DO THE MATH!!! lol