Homebrew Is the banwave over?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, hope they don't see you :)

Though for those who are already banned they really have nothing to lose by using the public seed (though since doing so might eventually result in a nnid ban it would be a good idea for anyone using pokemon bank to remove everything from it asap) even if it isn't over.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though for those who are already banned they really have nothing to lose by using the public seed (though since doing so might eventually result in a nnid ban it would be a good idea for anyone using pokemon bank to remove everything from it asap) even if it isn't over.
He wasn't banned though, plus it's still better to use a private seed...

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There haven't been any new banreports for almost 2 days now, tomorrow we may be sure about it being over. Doesn't mean we couldn't get another wave soon though.
In 10 days or 25 days we will know, whether the bans are temporary or permanent.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
Be careful peeps. Nintendo can't ban EVERYONE, IN ONE GO, meeting a simplistic criteria like "has custom firmware or hombrew activity in a log" - they will have at least, say (for argument's sake) 1% "bad calls" - young siblings whose older brother/sister experimented incompetently with their console, people who have bought second hand systems or received them as gift that have hidden traces of such activity, or people who spend lots legitimately on their system and just wanted to try out some cool, but legal hombrew etc If they banned 1 million people in one go this would result in ~10,000 complaints in a very short time, impacting customer service and generating bad publicity all over the media (It only takes one disadvantaged child impacted by an unfair ban to hit the media to cost Nintendo millions)

This was probably a "test the water" exercise, if it seems to have been mostly successful, with minor true casualties, then expect more hits soon. I suggest a lot of people, LIKE ME, raise their concerns on the forums that people will be hit unfairly. I have spent well over a thousand pounds on Nintendo Consoles and legit Cartridges and have considered CFW to test out titles for our kids when no free demo is available, since we are wasting money on cartridges that they stopped playing after a few days.

Last edited by escherbach,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful peeps. Nintendo can't ban EVERYONE, IN ONE GO, meeting a simplistic criteria like "has custom firmware or hombrew activity in a log" - they will have at least, say (for argument's sake) 1% "bad calls" - young siblings whose older brother/sister experimented incompetently with their console, people who have bought second hand systems or received them as gift that have hidden traces of such activity, or people who spend lots legitimately on their system and just wanted to try out some cool, but legal hombrew etc If they banned 1 million people in one go this would result in ~10,000 complaints in a very short time, impacting customer service and generating bad publicity all over the media (It only takes one disadvantaged child impacted by an unfair ban to hit the media to cost Nintendo millions)

This was probably a "test the water" exercise, if it seems to have been mostly successful, with minor true casualties, then expect more hits soon. I suggest a lot of people, LIKE ME, raise their concerns on the forums that people will be hit unfairly. I have spent well over a thousand pounds on Nintendo Consoles and legit Cartridges and have considered CFW to test out titles for our kids when no free demo is available, since we are wasting money on cartridges that they stopped playing after a few days.
I agree whole-heartedly

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are under a presumption that this is indeed a ban wave, and not some sort of automated permanently in place check that they've built out to simply banhammer people once whatever criteria they're checking for is in place. To me this actually seems like it'd be a better idea from their prospective. Realistically this is something that may not ever go away.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is "goat' system ?

9ATTHNvn1utoY.webp

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are under a presumption that this is indeed a ban wave, and not some sort of automated permanently in place check that they've built out to simply banhammer people once whatever criteria they're checking for is in place. To me this actually seems like it'd be a better idea from their prospective. Realistically this is something that may not ever go away.
Agreed... But we can always use public seeds XD

fireframe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Agreed sir!
I never used my 3ds for online or anything and it got banned just because i install some cfw and cia like fbi (i dont even play any unlegitimate .cia games there!)
thats a dick move nintendo!

Reactions: escherbach

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Does somebody knows if the ban is related to what version i have? I mean, i havent update yet, so should i keep it that way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn