Hacking Is the 3DS capable of playing ROM dumps straight from SD card? Or hardware flashcard is obligatory?

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is, is that even if smealum said I'm not releasing just to piss people off.....that's his prerogative...;..he can't stop someone else doing it though, if you don't like what he is doing......go do better

I know. Everybody can be assholes if they chose to be. It's just not very nice of them though.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jan 28 23:58:09 <Normmatt>pirating 3ds games is easy
Jan 28 23:58:20 <Normmatt>toggle one bit and it runs from the sd ;)
Jan 28 23:59:55 <Normmatt>I still think his approach of installing channels will just result is mass piracy
Jan 29 00:01:21 <Normmatt>the problem is that it litterally is as simple as changing one bit in a rom to make it run from the sd....
Jan 29 00:01:47 <Normmatt>so once channel installation is public its basically the best piracy enabler ever :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh its not really useful, if a rom loader is ever released, anyone releasing it would know exactly what to do to load the games....its still only useful if someone releases a "gateway mode" with the required patches for the 3ds to load them.....which is not a 1 byte process

Reactions: eternality

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...