Hacking Is that Hard Drive compatible or of any worth?

Kamtaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yo peeps! New member here!

So,I have successfully softmodded my Wii,everything's fine and all.I decided that I wanted to get an external hard drive at around 1TB of space...And bam,my local electronic's store has a sale!

The HDD in sale is the Toshiba Canvio Basics 3.0 1TB (2018) (Or Toshiba HDTB410EK3AA)

And here's the thing now...I've read that Toshiba HDDs are best avoided when it comes to the Wii.I searched on the Wii HDD compatibility list to find if it had the HDD,and it did...But it was the 2014 version.Apparently it hasn't been updated for that one yet.

So here's the question...Or questions:

1 )Does it work?

2 )Has anyone tested if it works with the Homebrew channel and/or USB Loader GX?

3)Why are Toshiba HDDs best avoided?

4)Are there any issues?

5)How's your day so far?

Please reply as soon as possible,as I only have 3 days left till the sale goes off.Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Kamtaro,

Kamtaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What's the return policy? Buy it, try it, if it doesn't work, return it

Well apart from that,there's the ISO problem,I have no idea where to download ISOs from ever since Emuparadise bit the dust.Any recommendations?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using a Toshiba HDTB310EK3AA Canvio Basic 1Tb and never had any kind of issue with it.
I have no idea where to download ISOs from ever since Emuparadise bit the dust.Any recommendations?
It's not allowed to share links for pirated games on these boards. You will be on your own for that.
The only advice I'm gonna give you is that wii ISOs must be converted to WBFS format, in order to work on a FAT32 partition. There are a number of apps that do this conversion, like WBFS manager. Many sites are hosting wii games already in wbfs format

Kamtaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm using a Toshiba HDTB310EK3AA Canvio Basic 1Tb and never had any kind of issue with it.

It's not allowed to share links for pirated games on these boards. You will be on your own for that.
The only advice I'm gonna give you is that wii ISOs must be converted to WBFS format, in order to work on a FAT32 partition. There are a number of apps that do this conversion, like WBFS manager. Many sites are hosting wii games already in wbfs format

Oh,sorry for asking then.Thanks for the tip!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1