Hacking Is something wrong with my bluetooth module?

ChaseRahl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've had my wii hacked for quite sometime now, with no problems to speak of (have also hacked many wii's of others), so I'm reluctant to think my problem is based on the modifications, but I can't rule anything out I suppose.

My problem occurred as I was trying to watch a show on netflix. I loaded up netflix and went to the show, then noticed that the show, since it was older, was in 4:3 format, so, I wanted to see how it would look if I took my wii off widescreen mode. I reset and went into wii settings, switched it over to 4:3, then went back and loaded up netflix. while netflix was loading, it seemed my wiimote lost it's sync with the wii. I tried everything to get it reconnected, but it wouldn't take. I then went and grabbed one of my other wiimotes, and had the same results with that one. This is why it seems to me something is wrong with my wii's bluetooth module, since it came out of the blue (pun intended), not when I was adding any new mods or anything. The only thing is, the way I understood it was, if there was something wrong with the bluetooth module, then I wouldn't be able to get the system menu to pop up, but it will still load up fine, I just can't connect any wiimotes.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong? And if it does end up being the bluetooth module, I see that they are pretty cheap, but about how difficult are they to put in? I have virtually no soldering experience, but am not afraid of opening a wii up if all I have to do is snap something into place.

Thanks for any help!

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you cant re-sync them?
Ive had that happen before. Its pretty random, and uncommon- just take the batteries out of the wiimote and unplug the wii.
leave it like that for a while and try again. it usually works for me.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't you might try clearing the sync mem

If you have a Wii Remote that was synced and working, but now only the LED lights flash and then go off, try the following:
  1. Turn the Wii console on and wait until the "Health & Safety" screen appears (don't press A).
  2. Open the SD Card slot cover on the front of the Wii console and press and hold the red SYNC button for 15 seconds. This will clear all synced Wii Remotes from the console.
  3. Resync the Wii Remote by removing the battery cover and pressing the red 'SYNC' button. Then press the SYNC button on the Wii console. Do this for all Wii Remotes you wish to use and test for proper response.
4. If the steps above do not work, remove the batteries of the Wii Remote and leave them out for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Reinsert the batteries and sync the Wii Remote again. Test for proper response.

http://www.nintendo...._5251_8086.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1