Hacking Is SMT Strange Journey working on the acekard RPG?

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone confirm that this game is working on akaio 1.6RC2 with acekard RPG?
I tried it last night after updating to RC2 but on my RPG i got 2 white screens whenever I tried to load it up..tried different size saves but it didnt create a save. (This is with the loaders included with RC2)
Not got my DS near right now so I'm gonna mess about more (Could be my error) but I hoped somebody could let me know if they have acekard RPG and latest akaio rc.

Thanks in advance.

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found 2 x shinmegamitenseistrangejourney.nds files on the sd card when I checked on my PC (discovered when I deleted the 1st, the duplicate then appeared in windows explorer..like it cannot accept the dup is there at first as akaio has done, if you understand what I mean).
This is the second time I have found duplicate files have been made by akaio and beside the original file.
First happened when I updated to 1.6, I had .bin(s) in the install folder, akaio created duplicate .bin files and didnt recognise my originals. (This had me worried at first but I manually deleted the dups from PC and sorted the problem out).

This time with a .nds rom.
Thinking back, I put SMT on my card and then trimmed it. Got an error the 1st time.
The extra copy I found was unusually small and I believe must have been created when my first attempt to trim it by copy/paste failed. I could not see a dup was there until I checked the sd card from my PC.

Akaio has been trying to load the corrupt duplicate I couldnt see instead of the uncorrupt SMT.nds file which I thought was loading (cause it was the only SMT.nds file showing in my file list akaio). Seems to be problem from akaio trim. First time I ever had a problem after trimming a rom in akaio (seen corruption happen before trying to trim a game but this trim had completed fine). Tried the untrimmed version and it loaded fine and I was on the title screen. Then tried to trim this..white screens on load. Used Tokyo to trim the file and it now works. Noticed theres a problem already been reported with the copy/paste RC2, I'm not sure why this game wouldn't trim properly.

I'm sure there is a problem with the duplicate files created but I cannot understand the cause, I cannot report this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.