Hacking Question Is SD Emunand safe and is there a tutorial?

Sir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very new to emunand, and I would like to play smash on the latest firmware, while also having 6.1 firmware. Can someone please link me to an SXOS SD Emunand tutorial, and confirm that doing it is 'relatively' safe? Thanks

Sir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Once I have a SD EMUNand on the latest Firmware is it safe to play online with the EMUNand

011.guilherme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Allegedly, it is safe to have an emunand. But I think using it to go online is not a good idea. Instead, I think you should go online using your OFW.

Alas, I haven't seen someone bothering to explaining either why it is safe or not, even before the SD Emunand was released. At least not past the "It's obviously safe/unsafe" statement. If I'm wrong on this I'd love some reference.

Anyway, to build the SD Emunand you just gotta get to the SX boot menu, select options (icon on the right, forgot the name), then Emunand on the left side menu and then build SD Emunand. You need at least about 32Gb free space on your card and a lot of time - It takes a good while. You can choose either to boot the emunand, OFW or the CFW without emunand on the SX boot menu

Last edited by 011.guilherme,

Sir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem I'm having is I'm not on the latest firmware and apparently I shouldn't update yet. I have a theory but I don't know if this will blow fuses or whatever. If I was to create an emunand of my current 6.1 firmware, then update my original fw to 6.2, I would be as to play online on the official fw while also having a 6.1 emunand to play with all the nodded things. I don't really know what blows the fuses so I don't know if doing this would be safe. And by safe I mean 100% chance of brick not just the small chance people always warn you about when modding

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So basically
6.2 OFW and 6.1 EMUNAND

xRemy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem I'm having is I'm not on the latest firmware and apparently I shouldn't update yet. I have a theory but I don't know if this will blow fuses or whatever. If I was to create an emunand of my current 6.1 firmware, then update my original fw to 6.2, I would be as to play online on the official fw while also having a 6.1 emunand to play with all the nodded things. I don't really know what blows the fuses so I don't know if doing this would be safe. And by safe I mean 100% chance of brick not just the small chance people always warn you about when modding

So basically
6.2 OFW and 6.1 EMUNAND

So yes this is how it works. You can have emuNand 6.1 and sysNand 6.2.
To update your sysNAND, use ChoiDujourNX to update to 6.2 (make sure you have a backup of your Boot0/1 and your NAND)
After updating you may need to use hekate to restore your Boot0/1.
Using ChoiDujourNX to update will prevent you from burning a fuse.

Sir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I use ChoiDujourNX to update my OFW to 6.2 doesn't that mean I will have to boot my switch using something like sxos everytime to avoid blowing the fuses. And what happens if I accidently launch my switch normally

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

So basically
6.2 OFW and 6.1 EMUNAND
That's fine and is actually the main use of emuNAND. Do bear in mind you won't be able to use sleep mode on 6.1 once your fuses are burnt to 6.2 though, so you'll temporarily have to deal with actually booting into RCM any time you want to use CFW.

Sir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's fine and is actually the main use of emuNAND. Do bear in mind you won't be able to use sleep mode on 6.1 once your fuses are burnt to 6.2 though, so you'll temporarily have to deal with actually booting into RCM any time you want to use CFW.

If I update my OFW with ChoiDujourNX I should be fine avoiding the fuses blowing right? And this would mean that I can have sleepmode on my 6.1 emunand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill