Homebrew Is PS1 Worth It On N3DS ....

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOTN Wasn't too bad at all it's staying on my SD ... Hopefully maybe Retroarch will make a update eventually or we might get lucky ... Quite new to the N3DS ... & i remember people hating the 3D part but im loving it especially the 3D Molflex movies ... Zelda OTT in 3D is what im trying to finish atm..

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SOTN Wasn't too bad at all it's staying on my SD ... Hopefully maybe Retroarch will make a update eventually or we might get lucky ... Quite new to the N3DS ... & i remember people hating the 3D part but im loving it especially the 3D Molflex movies ... Zelda OTT in 3D is what im trying to finish atm..
OOT3D is pretty nice. Finished it and started it over several times. Haven't gotten around to master quest yet, but contrary to how I normally don't care much for post game stuff I might actually try it out. SOTN actually runs pretty well with the right settings. I believe I turned off lighting which didn't change the game too much unless you're really picky about Alucard's shadow being blue and not gray.

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: SuperDan

Shawnm355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oot 3d is one of the best games on the 3ds, but i would put majoras mask and link between worlds above it honastally. not that its a bad game bit there even better games imo.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've only played MM on the N64 so I wouldn't know about the 3DS version but I'm very interested in trying the restoration patch for the 3DS version. Ofc A link between worlds has been lying on my 3ds homescreen for a while.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played MM on the N64 so I wouldn't know about the 3DS version but I'm very interested in trying the restoration patch for the 3DS version. Ofc A link between worlds has been lying on my 3ds homescreen for a while.

restoration patch for the 3DS version? whats that all about? ... Both The Zeldas was Nicely Done On N3DS .. new textures ect 60 fps The New Metroid was awesome too

Last edited by SuperDan,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
restoration patch for the 3DS version? whats that all about? ... Both The Zeldas was Nicely Done On N3DS .. new textures ect 60 fps The New Metroid was awesome too
I don't disagree that it's probably done well and most people probably won't notice the stuff that was adjusted, but fixing small issues/improving things is never a bad thing. Here's a vid showing some of the changes/corrections. There's another (a bit whiny) vid about the minor issues with MM3D if you're interested to see what could have been done better. I believe there's a similar patch for OOT3D though I don't remember what it does.

Last edited by Zense,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saw something on Reddit last year i think it was a Texture Pack .. in the Pictures it looked much nicer .... That Video look Good .. i might just have to give it a go .. ive finished ALL The Zelda's but not MM ( back when Wii 1 was new man i got so far ... & it takes forever in that game & someone deleted my save point ) ..... Might be time to give MM to play it deserves on N3DS ...

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i saw something on Reddit last year i think it was a Texture Pack .. in the Pictures it looked much nicer .... That Video look Good .. i might just have to give it a go .. ive finished ALL The Zelda's but not MM ( back when Wii 1 was new man i got so far ... & it takes forever in that game & someone deleted my save point ) ..... Might be time to give MM to play it deserves on N3DS ...
An HD texture pack does exist but it's only if you play on emulator of course. Anways, we've probably derailed the thread enough now :P Did you end up trying SOTN without lighting?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't disagree that it's probably done well and most people probably won't notice the stuff that was adjusted, but fixing small issues/improving things is never a bad thing. Here's a vid showing some of the changes/corrections. There's another (a bit whiny) vid about the minor issues with MM3D if you're interested to see what could have been done better. I believe there's a similar patch for OOT3D though I don't remember what it does.

i know this is OFF Topic but you have my curiosity Let ME Know how you get on with that MM MOD .. im going to try it myself....

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i know this is OFF Topic but you have my curiosity Let ME Know how you get on with that MM MOD .. im going to try it myself....
I haven't actually tried it myself so I can't really help you with getting it to work. I believe there was a dedicated github page for it?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried it 3 diferent ways it always crashes MM ?>? ( Found my Sd Adapter ) ... oh well
omg finally got the patch working. not to test it out, also sorry for the oftopic. thred should have been named ps1 worth it and zelda talk lol.
send me a pic of your folder set up i swear i did it right ... ( of course i didnt ) im crashing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

omg finally got the patch working. not to test it out, also sorry for the oftopic. thred should have been named ps1 worth it and zelda talk lol.
If You Can ? post that MM Luma folder & i will copy and paste it here my MM is USA ...i think its been over a year since i hacked my n3ds

Shawnm355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i had that too. first thing i did was downgrade to 1.00 (0.00.00 to fbi?) then i installed the fork witch is aperentally nonoptinal. then i forgot to enable exernal mod loading so dont forget that. but heres my folder set up put it in luma folder

Attachments

• titles.7z
    45.4 KB · Views: 207

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i had that too. first thing i did was downgrade to 1.00 (0.00.00 to fbi?) then i installed the fork witch is aperentally nonoptinal. then i forgot to enable exernal mod loading so dont forget that. but heres my folder set up put it in luma folder
Respect for that ....... !!!!!!!!! im but i have to admit all this is a bit confusing>>>>> first thing i did was downgrade to 1.00 (0.00.00 to fbi?) then i installed the fork witch is aperentally nonoptinal. then i forgot to enable exernal mod loading<<<<<

Respect for that ....... !!!!!!!!! im but i have to admit all this is a bit confusing>>>>> first thing i did was downgrade to 1.00 (0.00.00 to fbi?) then i installed the fork witch is aperentally nonoptinal. then i forgot to enable exernal mod loading<<<<<
CRASH !! lool i know its me

Shawnm355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the fork im refuring to is here- https://github.com/leoetlino/Luma3DS/releases, and u can downgrade your game by going into the dlc section of datamanigment in the settings and deleating anything labeld majoras mask, and if you crash you should have loading of mods enabled but if not just hold select when turning on the 3ds and clickingenable game patching

just copy the fort to the sd card and overright any files, u might need to install it in nand if u did that before tho, forgot to say that lol

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fork im refuring to is here- https://github.com/leoetlino/Luma3DS/releases, and u can downgrade your game by going into the dlc section of datamanigment in the settings and deleating anything labeld majoras mask, and if you crash you should have loading of mods enabled but if not just hold select when turning on the 3ds and clickingenable game patching
game patching is ON ( i did the Mario Games Last Year .. ),,,, i will try the data manager

game patching is ON ( i did the Mario Games Last Year .. ),,,, i will try the data manager
Dammit .. lol found and deleted the DLC in Data .. still crash !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo