Is possible to use 2 external HDD working at the sae time?

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a fat jailbroken ps4, and I ant to use two 4tb external hard drives. Each tie I have to switch to one hard disk to another and the loading time is so long. Using two external hard drives at the same time without the need to switch it from the oprion woud be awesome.

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony only gives the option for 1 external drive while the Xbox consoles allow 2 (possibly more with a hub?).

I was always curious, though, if one could use one of those dual hard drive docks to make the PS4 view it as one large drive?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony only gives the option for 1 external drive while the Xbox consoles allow 2 (possibly more with a hub?).

I was always curious, though, if one could use one of those dual hard drive docks to make the PS4 view it as one large drive?

I doubt it, since it would only see one drive for extended storage, it won't see two hard drives running on a dock, or people would already done it by now.

Reactions: Mo Poge

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you can't. I'm pretty sure you can't even have two at the same time with the ps5. you're right, the series x can have either two or three drives at once. I think it might be able to have 3. I have 2, one for xbox games; one for retroarch.

Reactions: Mo Poge

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you can't. I'm pretty sure you can't even have two at the same time with the ps5. you're right, the series x can have either two or three drives at once. I think it might be able to have 3. I have 2, one for xbox games; one for retroarch.

I've had 3 connected to mine at once. I think it causes problems, since sometimes games would be missing on one of the drives until I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

I wish there was a way to have more than one connected to the PS4.

Reactions: godreborn

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Think you can use 1x extended format and 1x with app2usb.
^^This works, I've tested it in out a while ago.

Also since you can use more than one app2usb drive at the same time you should be able to to have one official extended storage drive and others as app2usb drives as long as you set up the config correctly for each app2usb drive.

The extended storage drive is mounted as /mnt/ext0/ and any app2usb drives will be mounted as /mnt/usb0/ , /mnt/usb1/ . /mnt/usb2/ etc...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1