Homebrew Is PCSX Rearmed for n3DS the best it will ever be?

Manana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have updates stopped because they realized the hardware could never run PS1 at full fps or have they just lost the drive to work on this core? Seems to me like they were happy with what 1.3.3 could do and they checked it off and moved on, completely forgetting about it's existence.

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RetroArch is only a front end for other emulators.

The efforts of the libretro team is mainly to get as many cores as possible running. To do this, they add some glue code to enable the emulator to run using RetroArch.

But the emulator itself is still maintained upstream by the original creator. So this is where you need to send your requests for optimisations and improvements.

Very rarely, somebody interested will add some new features to emulators, but it's not the libretro team. But they can still make improvements to the front end that will benefit cores. Such as graphics drivers that make use of the platform CPU, or run-ahead capability to reduce lag. However, I'm pretty sure that the libretro team currently lacks anybody actively interested in maintaining the 3DS port.

FWIW I've added features to the fMSX core and am currently improving the PX68k core. My work benefits all platforms.

Last edited by matt!,
Reactions: DarthDub and Manana

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-