Gaming Is original gamecube analog stiff supposed to be a little stiff?

Petegamer331

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a used official nintendo gamecube controller off ebay and the left analog stick feels a little on the stiff side but is still fully functional. I don't know if this is normal or not. If this is not normal I might just pick up the new Smash Bros. gamecube controller. I owned a gamecube 10 years ago but don't remember the analog sticks being quite so stiff. However, I have a ps3 and have been using the dualshock 3 for many years and also wonder if it is possible that I have just gotten used to the feel of the joystick that the dualshock 3 has. I do have to use quite a bit more force to move the gamecube joystick compared to the ps3 joystick.

Alchemilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's stiffer than a ps3 controller but not so stiff as you say so before you get a smash controller, open up your gamecube controller and see if something's inside. We got an old gamecube controller once and the controls got stuck because of soda. If it's an official controller it's easy to clean but if it's like a fucking madcats then chuck it in the bin because the madcats controlelrs are so shitty they are gorillaglued to the plastic case.

Reactions: bandithedoge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...