Hacking is nintendo going to update my wii if...

EriktheRed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes they will remove homebrew and charge you a hefty fee for removal of the "unauthorized software" from what I've read (although they should give you an option to pay the fee or send it back to you untouched). If you have to send it back you want to at least attempt to "virginize" it, but their checks may even be able to detect logs left behind that ATD, etc can't/don't clean up.

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
You could try buying a disk drive off Ebay and replacing your old one with it. Or buy a bricked Wii and swap the drives.

EDIT I'm pretty sure you won't be caught actually since ninty won't be able to check for hax as it appears they use a disk to do so http://hackmii.com/2010/04/check-disk-for-...repair-process/ and even if they do i doubt they'll take it off "They even have the option of deleting all of this stuff — but it seems that they’ve been told not to do this (remember, they claimed they can’t, and in fact, they didn’t before our friend got his Wii back)."

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EriktheRed said:
Yes they will remove homebrew and charge you a hefty fee for removal of the "unauthorized software" from what I've read (although they should give you an option to pay the fee or send it back to you untouched). If you have to send it back you want to at least attempt to "virginize" it, but their checks may even be able to detect logs left behind that ATD, etc can't/don't clean up.
They won't charge a fee if its completely bricked. I sent in my fully bricked Wii twice and both times they didn't charge me anything.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
apoptygma said:
He wants to send it to them to get out the SD card he shoved in the Disc slot

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2939898

Wow. Dont send it, they might not return it.
laugh.gif
jk.

Eric345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ bladexdl well he should take it apart and take it out himself it's not that hard. i dissembled my whole wii and put a clear blue case on it for fuck sake!

alright alright I'll just find a triwig screwdriver, and a philp screw driver jeez.... to do this...
blink.gif

Thunder7102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, why was an SD card in the disc slot again?
But I don't believe Nintendo will do too much. Just have a little extra cash ready just in case.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
TRushInfo said:
nobody knows why he did it, he wont tell us, i even begged him in pm to elaborate lol

maybe he was dyslexic and thought it was a Disc Slot card

mm dyslexic means you cant read or write words properly, seeing the difference between a small SD card slot and a fairly large disk slot is something different...........stupidity lol

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, if I was in your situation, I would try to fix it myself, and it that failed, I would just buy a new Wii.

I know plenty of people that have Wii's in their house and don't use them. You could find a cheap used one, then just re-hack it.

I'm a little paranoid, but if I had hacked a system, I would never send it back to them. Even if I took all the hacks off. Just in case they could check to see what you previously installed on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: