Hacking Is neogamma regionfree ?

kazekun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have my wii for some 2 years or 1 year and half now, but theres 1 thing that has been upseting me for a long time, that is the fact i cant import games from japan or US, my wii is european and its alredy on version 4.3E, so priiloader is out of question, my question is, does homebrews such as neogamma allow region free on the console ? There are games mostly from japan i really really want to try, if not, what kinda homebrew can i get for it ?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...priiloader works fine on 4.3E.

But even without that setting: yes. USB loaders don't care about region; at worst, you'll have to force games to use the video mode you have (that'll be PAL for Portugal).

kazekun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I planned to boot the games trough the Dvds itself, does that make a diference ? ( dont have the hardware for the usb stuff, also i didnt mean priiloader, i meant freeloader my bad
tongue.gif
)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When using NeoGamma, you don't have to worry about priiloader(for 99% of games). And when using actual retail discs, you don't even need a cIOS, while having a good one doesn't harm. I recommend cIOS56rev21 or that new one from those 3 guys.

Do you use a RGB cable? If yes, you get into trouble regarding video modes. If not, and your tv supports NTSC video, then you shouldn't get any problems because of this. Worst case is that you have to use the crap cables instead of component or RGB cables.

About region free:
Games work best in their native video mode, just keeping NeoGamma at video mode disc will get 90% of import games to work. Then some japanese games require you to set the language in NeoGamma to japanese(or setting your sytem menu language to japanese...). And then there are games that require Country String patching. Import game compatiblity might not be 100%, i heard of some games released in 2010 that require a different kind of Country String patching, but the chance you get one of those games is slim. If you get one of those games, you should ask somebody who knows more about this stuff, i'm sure there's a way to play these games by tweaking some priiloader settings.

About IOS/cIOS:
Some games require that the used IOS is build of a certain base IOS. Best examples are the Rock Band games that require an IOS/cIOS that is build of IOS37 or IOS56. Or games that use the usb 2.0 camera require IOS58. NeoGamma will always use IOS249 whatever you have installed there. If you don't have IOS249, then it will use IOS36. If you get problems with a game and suspect the IOS to be the problem, try Gecko OS 1.9.x, it always uses the correct IOS.

troy512 said:
priiloader is not out of the question

neogamma is region free, set the video mode

To disc, yes, and that's default.

QUOTE(Wever @ Mar 13 2011, 05:33 PM) Erm...priiloader works fine on 4.3E.

But even without that setting: yes. USB loaders don't care about region; at worst, you'll have to force games to use the video mode you have (that'll be PAL for Portugal).

Wrong. All games work in their native video mode, if the game is NTSC, the chance is 100% it works in NTSC.

kazekun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for all the info, it did help me alot, i do think my tv supports both Ntsc and pal, at least it did with my ps2, about the cios, i dont think i gona need such things, i will only get retail games, so no homebrew to run copys is needed, i just want to break the region limit of the wii and be able to import from Usa and Japan, lets put it this way, i have every single pal game of wii worth playing, now i want something new, that doesnt exist in europe, i want the "jewels" froms japan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Some sort of download management app