Hacking Is my Wiikey working correctly?

pipesfranco

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, I set region free on the boot disc and save config, now when I put it back in it says region free NO, now I know that it returns to NO when you put the config disc back in...this is not the problem.

I'm still having to patch with regionfrii for the Wii to see any NTSC games lately.

For example: Cooking Mama - does anyone have to patch this for the wii to see it on a pal UK console at 60HZ English language with a Wiikey, or does it show up without patching it on Regionfrii?

So in conclusion, is the Wiikey not saving the region free setting or do you guys with Wiikeys still need to patch games for the Wii to see them.

I know the wiikey has partial NTSC compatibility but it seems a lot of patching is required to get any games to be seen in the disc channel.

Cheers guys.

pipesfranco

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right been having a play around.... my wiikey will play cooking mama on a Verbatim dvd-r without patching but it will not play on a dvd+rw without it being patched.

I've come to the conclusion you cannot use +RW without using a patcher for the wiikey to accept it as a PAL game.

You can burn games onto dvd-R with region override on and it will boot without patching.

Weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.