Hacking Is my wii bricked or semi-bricked

Peace2024

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to install preloader 29. To guard against bricking since I could not install bootmii because of error message. I reinstalled my 289, then install preloader and now all I get is the flashing drive the safely sign then the corrupt system menu. I am having a hard time even looking up fixes because one site saids this is a semi-brick and another site say its a brick. I also have softmii installed but not active. HBC is installed. Please help.

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
kwesi61 said:
I was trying to install preloader 29. To guard against bricking since I could not install bootmii because of error message. I reinstalled my 289, then install preloader and now all I get is the flashing drive the safely sign then the corrupt system menu. I am having a hard time even looking up fixes because one site saids this is a semi-brick and another site say its a brick. I also have softmii installed but not active. HBC is installed. Please help.
I don't know what you exactly mean when you say 'I reinstalled my 289'. Anyway, it seems to me that the problem is in the system menu. Try this disc http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHOREMRO -it works on PAL and NTSC Wiis-. What you need is a chip, a Gamecube controller, Homebrew Channel already installed on your Wii, Waninkoko's IOS249 already installed -any version- and trucha bug on system menu IOS. Use the disc with the savemiifrii method. If it works, it will automatically launch The Homebrew Channel. Once there, use Wad Manager to reinstall the system menu IOS (i.e. IOS60 is the system menu IOS of 4.0) and the system menu -the one you had-. Download them with NUS Downloader. By the way, what was your firmware? Good luck!

fearcain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you boot up into Preloader i.e. turn off Wii then turn it On and immediately hold the reset button and Preloader channel should be up.

From here you can go to settings and set system menu IOS to 35. That worked for me when I first installed Preloader.

If you can get the menu and that still doesn't help, you can run the hombrew channel from here and begin a softmod guide to help restore your Wii. I think you should look at updating your Wii menu back to 4.1 whether it is US or Euro is up to you to discover : P

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
yes man you gonna need a chip, although if you have corp installed, you will be able to do what has become known as IronRecovery.

basically it will allow you to boot that disc. try it you never know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*