kemosabe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i installed some vc games and some channels and all of the sudden i cant play mario kart online anymore.
before i installed the vc games and the hacked channels it worked like a charm.
could it be that nintendo banned my wii because od the hacks i installed?
ive changed nothing on my internet or router settings and i even tried a second copy of mario kart (original); but it didnt worked either
even all the channels like weather or voting, the shop and the mario kart channel are working fine, so theres no problem with my internet configuration.
so, could it be that im banned?
edit:
i even uninstalled all the .wad data, reseted my wii, and unpluged it over night. still not working

Kimball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u get any error? if so, whats the code? I get random errors sometimes when tryin to connect to Nintendos online services, nothin to worry abt since they usually goes away by themself.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Haven't heard of such cases before. My still online works fine afaik.
Haven't used online for months though
biggrin.gif

kemosabe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kimball said:
u get any error? if so, whats the code? I get random errors sometimes when tryin to connect to Nintendos online services, nothin to worry abt since they usually goes away by themself.
i always get the message "searching for players" but nothing happens. after a while the message disappears and after some more time i get the error code 86420
but i never got the error before i installed all the hacked stuff?!?

fristi

Trophies
XP
Country
Error Code: 86420

If you get error code 86420 only some of the time, chances are this is temporary and the issue will resolve itself. We encourage you to keep trying.

If you are consistently getting error code 86420 and you are unable to make a connection with other players, the troubleshooting below may help resolve the issue. If the following troubleshooting doesn't help you, or you would like more specific assistance, please fill out our online form to provide us the details of your situation.

-----------------------------------------

When does this error code appear?

Occurs Immediately (Super Smash Bros. Brawl): If the error code occurs immediately after selecting "With Anyone" (not friends) from the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, our servers may be experiencing a high amount of traffic. Please try to connect again later.

Occurs when looking for a match (all games): If the error code occurs after the matchmaking process has started, it is likely an indication of NAT negotiation problems. Try the connection again later. However, if the error still occurs regularly after matchmaking has been running, even for more than a minute, please read the following instructions:

Do you receive this error every time the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection attempts to find a match for you?
If you receive this error every time, please proceed to step #2 on this page.
If you receive this error only when playing a particular friend, then it is likely a problem with the friend's firewall settings on their connection. If possible, ask your friend to try troubleshooting on this page.

In order to solve this problem, you may consider adjusting your router's Port Forwarding settings*. Each router is unique, so consult the owner's manual for your router or contact the manufacturer for specific information on working with your router's ports. For your information:
If you are prompted for a device or profile name, you can enter anything you like (such as Wii, etc.).
The starting port to open is 1, the ending port to open is 65535 (or as high as the router will allow).
Protocols will need to be set to UDP only.
Set the IP address for the ports to forward to the same as the Wii's static IP address. If you don't know what the Wii's IP address is, the best way to determine it is by performing a manual setup:

How to manually configure the Wii's IP address:

The first thing you'll need to do is find out what IP address range you should be using. To do this:
Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer.
Next, you will need to access the command prompt. To do this:
Windows XP users click "Run."
Windows Vista users click inside the search bar.
Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.
Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter. The IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS servers of the PC will be displayed.

if u want all info: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;action2.y=20

edit: longest post ever made

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had FFCC MLAK installed: I used the WAD Uninstaller to remove it (I also erased the save and backed it up on an SD card). Everything online works fine for me (Internet channel, Everybody Votes channel, Nintendo channel, Shopping channel...) and even MKWii online.
I think it was just a random one-time only error.

kemosabe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my internet config is not messed up.
like i said, just before i installed the hacked channels, mario kart worked fine online.
so im guessing that the problem could only be caused by the hacked stuff.
i got these errors for about 2 days straight, doesnt matter if i try it at night or in the morning.
the first time i thought that the wifi connection is busy because it was saturday evening, but even now on monday it doesnt work

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
It's funny, online multiplayer in SSBB for me doesn't work too but I can play Mario Kart online. Only installed the Dr. Mario and Lost Winds.

Though my problem with SSBB could be that I'm using a NTSC console in a PAL country or maybe game server checks the geographic location of my ip address. But then it's still irrelevant since I would have been a US kid who took his NTSC console to Turkey and using the online feature here.

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
try to burn the backup again should work.
if not, check other games, ii DONT think its the channel hacks thing, maybe youv played the game 2 early and they banned you( very low percentage of possibility)

kemosabe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dweirdo said:
try to burn the backup again should work.
if not, check other games, ii DONT think its the channel hacks thing, maybe youv played the game 2 early and they banned you( very low percentage of possibility)
the mario kart games are original copys no backups.
btw. i managed to get a wii from a friend, but its the same thing here.
althouth the wii is not modded in any way i still cant play MK online.
all the other internet stuff works fine too

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
raid168 said:
nintendo is evil
valuable input my friend
smile.gif

On topic: have you tried doing other WiFi things with MKWii like downloading ghosts or the tournaments? If you get to the "searching for players" that certainly is a better sign than clicking on "Connect to WiFi" and getting rejected there...

hogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happens to me sometimes I just try later and it works. The 1st time it happened I figured it was my router, I reseted and still had the error code 86420.
When i tried a few hours later it worked. I figured the servers are busy.
Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...