Hacking is my supercard bricked

frustrated

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am totally new to this supercard gig. It's actually my sons DSixl...It was working awesome, then he took the new update for it. Instantly stopped working. I put the newest EOS and FIRMWARE on it. Got a DS lite to update it...put it in the XL still error message. Tried the dstwoupdate.dat/dstwoupdateb.dat thing....still not working. I have been reading and I am afraid it might be bricked. Is there a way of knowing for sure or fixing it if it is bricked? Also the supercard works fine in the DS lite so if it is bricked would it work in it? Please help...I have spent hours trying to figure this out.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What error message are you getting exactly?

Anyway, make absolutely sure you used the most recent firmware. If you somehow used an older firmware that's a possible reason it would work on a DS/DSL but not a DSi/3DS.

Also, maybe there's some sort of contact issue with the DSi that for whatever reason doesn't affect it in your DSL.

frustrated

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alex Rider Stormbreaker shows in the game cartridge spot on the DSi but as soon as you choose it it says"An Error has occurred. Press and hold Power Button to turn the system off. See NDSi manual for help. Blah Blah Blah? I got the most recent firmware from this site. 1.19 my old one was 1.11? I checked supercard site and it was the same. As far as the contact issue not sure it worked fine then it stopped. won't work in my daughters DSi either. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Any other ideas would be great!!:-)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only have access to a 3DS, it is important that you update your firmware to 1.19 before you update the firmware on your 3DS. If you have access to a DS phat/lite/i/XL then you can update on any of those devices without worry as long as you have the latest EOS on the DSTWO.

Firmware 1.09 - works on 3DS's on v1.1.0-1 and prior
Firmware 1.12 - works on 3DS's on v2.2.0-4 and prior
Firmware 1.13 - works on 3DS's on v3.0.0-6 and prior
Firmware 1.15 - works on 3DS's on v4.1.0-8 and prior
Firmware 1.16 - works on 3DS's on v4.2.0-9 and prior
Firmware 1.17 - works on 3DS's on v4.3.0-10 and prior
Firmware 1.18 - works on 3DS's on v4.4.0-10 and prior
Firmware 1.19 - works on 3DS's on v4.5.0-10 and prior

1. Download firmware 1.19.

2. Extract "dstwoupdate.dat" to the root of your microsd card.

3. Put your microsd card into your DSTwo and insert it into a DS phat/lite/i/XL or your 3DS.

4. Turn on the DS and start the DSTwo, once you get to the plugin menu it should show a popup saying "Update system *your current firmware here* - 1.19", press A here to start updating. Make sure that you do NOT turn off or close the DS until it is finished upgrading.

5. If you did not see the popup, trying renaming "dstwoupdate.dat" to "ds2update.dat", then try it again.

You should now be on firmware 1.19, and dstwoupdate.dat (or ds2update.dat) should no longer be on your MicroSD card if it updated correctly.

Is that the procedure you followed to try to update (make sure you click "view full quote")? Was dstwoupdate.dat still on your microSD card afterward (would indicate you didn't actually update)?

I would suggest trying again, just to be sure, definitely using the DSLite rather than a DSi.

frustrated

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The dstwoupdate.dat was there and for sure gone after the update. I remember the DS lite asking me to update to the 1.19. I did what u said reloaded everything for a fifth time and I got it to work:-) Finally!! It just looks a bit different. I think somehow it didn't overwrite the OLD EOS files. Amateur here though not hard to mess up! And I think that a file called dstwo load NDSL.nds was important in my success. It didn't work until I put that on SD. Thanks Soooo much for everyones help. I am one happy Momma:-)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am totally new to this supercard gig. It's actually my sons DSixl...It was working awesome, then he took the new update for it. Instantly stopped working. I put the newest EOS and FIRMWARE on it. Got a DS lite to update it...put it in the XL still error message. Tried the dstwoupdate.dat/dstwoupdateb.dat thing....still not working. I have been reading and I am afraid it might be bricked. Is there a way of knowing for sure or fixing it if it is bricked? Also the supercard works fine in the DS lite so if it is bricked would it work in it? Please help...I have spent hours trying to figure this out.
No you need to update it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1