is my supercard bricked

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by frustrated, Feb 25, 2013.

Feb 25, 2013

is my supercard bricked by frustrated at 8:48 PM (811 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. frustrated
    OP

Newcomer frustrated Newbie

Canada
    I am totally new to this supercard gig. It's actually my sons DSixl...It was working awesome, then he took the new update for it. Instantly stopped working. I put the newest EOS and FIRMWARE on it. Got a DS lite to update it...put it in the XL still error message. Tried the dstwoupdate.dat/dstwoupdateb.dat thing....still not working. I have been reading and I am afraid it might be bricked. Is there a way of knowing for sure or fixing it if it is bricked? Also the supercard works fine in the DS lite so if it is bricked would it work in it? Please help...I have spent hours trying to figure this out.

2. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    if it works in DS Lite it's not bricked.

3. frustrated
    OP

Canada
    Any ideas of what I am doing wrong then?

4. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    What error message are you getting exactly?

Anyway, make absolutely sure you used the most recent firmware. If you somehow used an older firmware that's a possible reason it would work on a DS/DSL but not a DSi/3DS.

Also, maybe there's some sort of contact issue with the DSi that for whatever reason doesn't affect it in your DSL.

5. frustrated
    OP

Canada
    Alex Rider Stormbreaker shows in the game cartridge spot on the DSi but as soon as you choose it it says"An Error has occurred. Press and hold Power Button to turn the system off. See NDSi manual for help. Blah Blah Blah? I got the most recent firmware from this site. 1.19 my old one was 1.11? I checked supercard site and it was the same. As far as the contact issue not sure it worked fine then it stopped. won't work in my daughters DSi either. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Any other ideas would be great!!:-)

6. tbgtbg

United States
    Is that the procedure you followed to try to update (make sure you click "view full quote")? Was dstwoupdate.dat still on your microSD card afterward (would indicate you didn't actually update)?

I would suggest trying again, just to be sure, definitely using the DSLite rather than a DSi.

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You need all the EoS files in order for it to boot too, so reinstall that.

8. frustrated
    OP

Canada
    The dstwoupdate.dat was there and for sure gone after the update. I remember the DS lite asking me to update to the 1.19. I did what u said reloaded everything for a fifth time and I got it to work:-) Finally!! It just looks a bit different. I think somehow it didn't overwrite the OLD EOS files. Amateur here though not hard to mess up! And I think that a file called dstwo load NDSL.nds was important in my success. It didn't work until I put that on SD. Thanks Soooo much for everyones help. I am one happy Momma:-)

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    dstwoupdate is automatically deleted after an update is done (because if it's still there it'll just try to update again). It's the actual EOS files that needed to be fixed (as you found out).

Welcome.

10. KoopaHax35000vr

Member KoopaHax35000vr Idk

United States
    No you need to update it.

11. tbgtbg

United States
    Glad you got things working.