Hacking Is my R4i Gold Broken?

Jalalipop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't access my R4i Gold card anymore. When I try to start it from the DSi menu, I get the standard "An error has occurred etc." message with the black screen. This is peculiar since it was working a couple hours before, and I haven't done anything to or with the card since then. My DSi firmware remains unchanged, and I've tried removing the cartridge and blowing everywhere.

Is my R4 card broken, or is there something I can do? I'm going to try reinstalling Wood to see if that fixes it, otherwise I'm not sure what I'll do seeing as I'm broke.

Jalalipop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: The R4 card still works with my sister's DSL, so the problem must lie in my DSi. But, as I said, I haven't updated the firmware (it's still 1.4) and haven't touched any settings. What's going on here? Should I try reinstalling Wood?

E: Also, regular cartridges work fine with my DSi, so now I'm really confused.

Jalalipop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 100% sure about the firmware.

Anyway, I tried formatting the microSD card and switched from Wood to the default firmware, but no luck. I know it isn't just my DSi because I've tried my flash cart on multiple DSis and it hasn't worked on any.

It's looking like I'll just have to get another flash cart. I need to do so anyway so I could trade between my Soul Silver and Black saves. Is the Acekard 2i a good choice for under 20 dollars?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up