Is my PSP bricked?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by willdunz, Aug 28, 2012.

Aug 28, 2012

Is my PSP bricked? by willdunz at 10:14 PM (974 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. willdunz
    OP

Newcomer willdunz Advanced Member

United States
    Hi:
    I have a PSP3003 OFW 6.60 and I tried to mod it to PRO-B10 today. The modding itself was successful. Then I tried to change OX buttons with registry hacks in the recovery menu. It worked at first but after a while the O and X buttons are not responding! Other buttons are fine though. I tried to reboot but the problem persists. So now I am basically stuck in VSH with no access to the recovery menu since I rebooted. I supposed this means my PSP is bricked? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    so you are running the temporary hack? pardon my ignorance on the subject, as i am new to psp hacking, but can't you just remove the files and reboot back to the OFW? after that just run the install program again and overwrite everything?

although, i haven't played around with the registry so i am unsure if that will fix it or if that would cause more issues.

perhaps our guide author, @[member='Rydian'], can help! =)

-another world

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    A brick would mean that your PSP would be unable to load it's firmware, resulting in a black screen. Obviously that's not what's happened, which is good because on a 3000 it's unrecoverable.

Since you're using a temporary hack a full power off should remove any changes you've made. If it doesn't either the Registry Hacks work in a weird way, or it's a hardware issue.

4. willdunz
    OP

United States
    But I can't even access my memory stick when OX buttons doesn't work.
    I saw somewhere else that pressing square+triangle+start+select when booting will reset flash1. I tried that on mine but still no luck. :(

5. xist

United Kingdom
    Take your memory stick out. If you have a USB adapter for it delete all the plugins on it. If not don't worry. Turn your PSP off fully (hold the power switch in the off position for 5 seconds). Take the battery out. Leave the PSP for 5 minutes. Then put the battery back in (not the MC) and see what happens.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i leave mine set to automatically mount the pro duo when i connect it via usb. i already had a few issues that i needed to power off, reboot, and then mount the pro duo so i could delete files using my pc. it worked for me. might work for you in the future, after you get this button issue sorted.

-another world

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Old/incompatible plugins are a cause of the majority of issues we see like this, but even if you installed the permanent patch you can hold either Select or Home (depending on the patch) to boot into OFW where plugins and hack settings will have no effect.

8. willdunz
    OP

United States
    I tried removing battery but it still does not work. I am beginning to think it'a a hardware issue. See I cleaned my PSP with Q-tip and cleaning alcohol before I modded it. It may be possible some of the alcohol got into the circuit and damaged the components. Well. Thanks anyway guys.

9. xist

United Kingdom
    9 times out of 10 button issues like these (or screen issues) turn out to be some drop or liquid spill that isn't initially mentioned.... it may not be connected but it's very possible you're the reason your buttons are borked.

10. qaz015393

Member qaz015393 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try holding thr "r" button while turning on the psp. if you can get into the recovery menu then you can connect to usb. And if this is the case then you need to get recovery flasher *google it since I don't want to break any rules*. Once you have it place it in psp-game folder ... & you can find tuts for it on youtube. If you need any help I check this site weekly *though I sometimes I log in* & I'll be sure to respond back.

11. xist

United Kingdom
    And for the record, completely and totally incorrect.