Hacking Is my PS3 hackable?

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
Technically you don't need multiman if you can install the games directly though there are very few games that are disk only. That' where you would need it.
RetroArch Is a nice homebrew, no doubt about it there. Probably someone would fake sign it into a pkg.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Technically you don't need multiman if you can install the games directly though there are very few games that are disk only. That' where you would need it.
RetroArch Is a nice homebrew, no doubt about it there. Probably someone would fake sign it into a pkg.
There are actually a lot of first year ps3 games that are disc only

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you install signed homebrew?

Afaik homebrew is signed with 3.55 keys & after 3.55 Sony added a whitelist which has a list of official software signed with 3.55 keys.

You would need to find some way to add the homebrew to the whitelist or patch the whitelist check out of the kernel.

Last edited by smf,

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
(I'm assuming I can say this here) I got myself a superslim 4.82 PS3 recently, can I get anything out of it? I'm completely new on PS3 hacking myself.

boscocraftXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I'm assuming I can say this here) I got myself a superslim 4.82 PS3 recently, can I get anything out of it? I'm completely new on PS3 hacking myself.
No. The super slim models are completely incompatible. The one main prerequisite to being able to jailbreak a system is having a minimum version of 3.55... the super slims have a min version of 3.56... so Sony blocked you...

SnowJim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a Playstation 3 super slim today on a recomendation that this version hade the best hardware. But It seems like no super slim will be able to run games from harddrive becouse of firmware?

So I will sell this PS3 super slim again, the question is what I should buy instead? what version is best? And does it have to run a specific firmware or is it possible to downgrade? Is it only the 3.55 that can run games from external disk?

SnowJim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have found a CECH-2503B with Date code 0D. This should be possible to mod but only if its on 3.55 and I dont know that. If its on a higher firmware it needs to be downgraded right? And that demands extra hardware?

I have found that in some cases it can also be modified at 4,82?

Last edited by SnowJim,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since my fifth 60gig ps3 died, I'm at a crossroads of what to do. Mostly, angry enough to consider selling off my collection to put toward something more immediately helpful, like pc parts.

But also wondering if maybe i can pick a hackable one up for cheap to help curb the need for the time being.

Found this one at a local bookman's. Should be, based on what I've read, but I've completely forgot how to do the thing to get it on cfw if it is past 3.55 already.

Since i have to wait until payday anyway before i can pursue this, it might help if i knew what i needed to do.
20180922_185315.jpg

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whelp, against my better principles, I picked up an early slim PS3 second-hand.

CECH-2001A. Since the last time I've done anything like this was back when 3.55 was a requirement to do anything, I'm a complete newbie to the PS3Xploit thing, and I need a guide I can read on the subject to how to do it correctly, and get this bugger on some CFW. Hopefully no need for a HAN-job (lol). Still gotta test and make sure that it's all up and running. But considering that the date-code on the shop's tag for it shows it was in their inventory since June, I'm pretty sure it isn't likely to be on 4.82, if that means anything.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's odd that this thread has new posts 5 years after someone randomly asked if their PS3 could be hacked. Never seen anything like it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whelp, against my better principles, I picked up an early slim PS3 second-hand.

CECH-2001A. Since the last time I've done anything like this was back when 3.55 was a requirement to do anything, I'm a complete newbie to the PS3Xploit thing, and I need a guide I can read on the subject to how to do it correctly, and get this bugger on some CFW. Hopefully no need for a HAN-job (lol). Still gotta test and make sure that it's all up and running. But considering that the date-code on the shop's tag for it shows it was in their inventory since June, I'm pretty sure it isn't likely to be on 4.82, if that means anything.

I believe if you want full CFW and not HAN if the Firmware is above 3.55 you'd still need to have it flashed back to 3.55? Unless there's new methods I'm unaware of which is entirely possible.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe if you want full CFW and not HAN if the Firmware is above 3.55 you'd still need to have it flashed back to 3.55? Unless there's new methods I'm unaware of which is entirely possible.
The process advertises itself as being able to even go straight to CFW from 4.82 OFW. Didn't go *that smoothly* to me, as I had to borrow some extra files and a patched CFW file meant to facilitate the process, but I was then since able to flash into proper 4.82.2 Rebug. It definitely took more tries than I felt it should have.

cirneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. Just got a fat PS3 with 4.78 original firmware and a bad laser. Can i hack it? If yes, what is the "best practice"? Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game