Is My Nyko Power Pack Defective

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Parasite X, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Parasite X
    OP

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx
    My name is Parasite X here's my situation last month I bought Nyko Power Pack for my WiiU gamepad & installed it .
    I have charged it & my gamepade via the port on the side of the nyko power pack even tho I didn't necessarily use the extra battery power from the device the power pack battery is almost always depleted so my question is it defective ?

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    their well known to be faulty most of the time. should ave got the official one.

3. Parasite X
    OP

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx
    How do you know which ones are genuine & fake Power Packs just so I know in the future bro please post pics :)

4. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Contact the company/seller about the issue you're having and they might be able to work out something despite you've had it for a month now.

I just have the original battery pack that my Wii U GamePad came with and that's fine because whenever it needs to charge I just pop in the cable and not worry 'bout it, I'd rather spend that money on the Wii U GameCube adapter instead.

5. Parasite X
    OP

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx

I hate the charging cable because I always trip over it by mistake so I think i'll get the bundle I saw in gamestop.I'll be sure to contact the nyko company thank you for helping me out :)

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    the real official ones are sold on playasia i don't even think they sell them outside japan. but playasia ship worldwide that's where i got mine from. never had 1 problem with it.

Parasite X likes this.
  7. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States

I think you are talking about the official Nintendo extended battery. The PowerPak is a Nyko product.

I have an update where my Nyko battery is not working right anymore. It worked perfectly well until recently but I had to go back to my standard battery. I got my Power Pak for free basically and they don't even make them anymore so I would suggest trying to get the official Nintendo Battery which I do think you have to import.

8. Adr990

Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Apr 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I didn't want to make a new thread for just this, and this thread is not that old, so..

I really want to get a Nyko accu for my WiiU GamePad.
    They are no longer manufactured, but they might still be in stock/sold second hand somewhere.

But I cannot seems to find them, if any of you guys have an idea where to get them (and shipped to the EU, prized decently ofcourse), that would be great!

9. Parasite X
    OP

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx

I got mine at gamestop & trust me you don't want 1 the reason why is because its a waste of money the reason why is because even when you don't use the extra battery power it is somehow draind at least me which is why I'm attempting to make my own expansion pack.

10. Parasite X
    OP

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx
    I'm also making a battery pack for my 2DS

11. blaisedinsd

Dec 6, 2012
    United States

If you are talking about when the battery is in the gamepad that is the gamepads fault and not the battery. The gamepad has some always on functionallity and it will drain the battery if it is not plugged in. Always charge it when you are not using it.

As far as the Nyko battery I wouldn't bother trying to find it anymore. They don't make it, it had problems, and even the one I had that worked great took a crap. Nintendo makes an extended battery and I think the best way to get it is to import it from Asia.

12. Parasite X
    OP

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx

I was talking about the Nyko power pack was always drained even tho I hardly used the battery pack every time when I'm done using my gamepad I charge them both & still the power pack is drained its pathetic

13. blaisedinsd

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    Well you have a defective battery than. It is known that Nyko released defective batteries. I would suggest calling Nyko customer service they hooked me up with a bunch of free stuff and let me return my defective battery for a full refund.

14. Parasite X
    OP

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx
    Whats thier number I can't seem to find it

15. blaisedinsd

Dec 6, 2012
    United States