Homebrew Is my N3DSXL bricked?

DanHarrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that the Luma settings come up, can you boot into Decrypt9 or Hourglass 9 to load your NAND backup?

It only booted that once, where I used a different SD card. It shut off once I went to tick the first option, and hasn't booted on since.

sadboychaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy all the files used to install a9lh back to the SD and overwrite everything. Maybe download the latest version of each file even if you already have it. Check if anything is named improperly. Use a different SD with luma folder and a9lhhax bin along with other files necessary to boot.

DanHarrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy all the files used to install a9lh back to the SD and overwrite everything. Maybe download the latest version of each file even if you already have it. Check if anything is named improperly. Use a different SD with luma folder and a9lhhax bin along with other files necessary to boot.

Will do I get home. Incase I mess up, what are the other necessary files for the bootup? I have the general idea but don't wanna forget anything.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Will do I get home. Incase I mess up, what are the other necessary files for the bootup? I have the general idea but don't wanna forget anything.
All you really need is arm9loaderhax.bin. It really sounds like there's something wrong with your SD card? Since you said it booted up when using a different SD.

DanHarrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you really need is arm9loaderhax.bin. It really sounds like there's something wrong with your SD card? Since you said it booted up when using a different SD.

I scanned my 64GB sd card and it said nothing was wrong. It only booted with the 8GB one in the Luma configuration settings, but shut off upon pressing the first option and never booted since. I'm currently backing up my 64GB sd card. Probably stupid of me but earlier I only transferred the arm9loaderhax.bin, and not the Luma folder. Should I also try that?

Last edited by DanHarrison,

DanHarrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just tried this, still got nothing x_x

DanHarrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you just use your 8GB until you work out what's wrong with the 64GB one? Also, the 64GB one is formatted to FAT32 right?

That was my plan, although my 3DS doesn't boot up to my 8GB sd card either. And yes, it's formatted to FAT32. Are there any other issues that could've caused this? ;-;

DanHarrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Renaming arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9loaderhax_si.bin makes my screens stuck at a black backlit.
Also to anyone, earlier I formatted my 64GB sd card after backing up, then put the necessary A9LH/Luma files onto it. When I booted my 3DS, the power light went on then off. I reinserted the sd card thinking it'd do it again or actually boot, but then got stuck with the blue light illuminated. Does this mean my 3DS isn't hard bricked? With the whole power light flashing on/off occurrence?

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U got it to boot into luma once at least, so no, it's not hard bricked. Its either an sd issue or hardware issue. Since u have tried multiple cards with the same outcome, something may be wrong with your sd port or another part of the 3ds hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1