Gaming Is my DSI XL region free?

rhoobarb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I want to buy Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar (for USA), will it work on my dsi xl which I bought in this country? (UK). I can't remember if the dsi is region free or not, I seem to remember (for some reason) that it may not be.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe the DS is region free, while the DSi isn't. You'll need a flashcart such as the Acekard 2i if you wish to play that game, either that or wait for the European release.

edit:

Check to see if it's DSi enhanced or not, I guess it's possible a DS mode cart might work on DSi's from other regions. It may only be the DSiWare/ DSi Enhanced/ DSi Exclusive games which are region locked.

rhoobarb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for that
smile.gif

rhoobarb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, thanks everyone. So I should be able to order the usa version for my ds and it should work. I hope so, prefer the bigger screen and everything. I knew the ds was region free but I wasn't sure about the dsi.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
becat said:
My 30 second google search shows that yes, the DSi XL is region free.

And I also play some DS games that I bought on a trip to Japan.
Google harder.

The DSi is region locked for DSi games, which presumably includes DSi enhanced DS titles.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198728

edit: from the cart code (NTR), Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar isn't DSi Enhanced so it will work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?