Hacking Is my DS f***ed?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a DS off e-bay because it was a good deal and all it needed was a new touch screen and shell, so I get the DS shell and touch screen right.

Then all is going ok till....

THE TINY ASS TAB THAT HOLDS THE TOUCH SCREENS RIBBON CABLE BREAKS! Now there is nothing to hold the ribbon cable there! So then I try to hold it with hot glue and it falls out and hot glue is all over the ribbon, I try to pull it off and the stupid cable just rips like a piece of paper!!!
wacko.gif

So I read from some places when that little tab breaks all you can do is get a new DS main board... I mean the touch screen is like $5 so thats not a problem but is there no way to fix that TINY TAB!?

unsure.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh gawd that sucks !?

try searching every where for a new DS main board and check out the prices .

Just make sure their reasonable prices that are under $50 but still ...

you can try and taping it this time ??

thrallking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I had a similar problem. Did the tab break, or did it just pop off? Mine popped off, and I was able to put it back in (it is not as easy as it sounds). You have to carefully pry up the pins (if it is the smallest connector, I do not know about the larger ones) and slide them into the holes on the black clamp, making sure the indentions are on the inside.

I hope that is your problem, if not I don't think I could be of any more help. Or maybe I could.

thrallking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say is you might need to find that tab. I do not knoe how to rig one, and I doubt there is anyone selling them. I am pretty sure you could rig something, but we need a long term solution. Maybe a little electrical tape that presses a small object down where the clamp used to be... There should be somewhere that sells a hige enough grade that this would work. When in doubt, use duct tape!

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY CRAP!

I FOUND THE STUPID LITTLE CONNECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just need tweezers and a microscope...

Any suggestions to get it back on?

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
epicelite said:
HOLY CRAP!

I FOUND THE STUPID LITTLE CONNECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just need tweezers and a microscope...

Any suggestions to get it back on?

that may sound really absurd but when I fiddle with the insides of a DS Lite, i actually tape toothpicks on my index finger and thumb. I know it sounds crazy but it really helped me, especially with those tiny parts you have to deal with.

drkshinigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem you had and it really pissed me off. One solution would be to put a really sticky tape over it or you ccan apply pressure on it by getting that white wire that connects the microphone to the board and make sure it runs on top of the flatwire. Thats how i fixed mine. altough im not sure you got any of that...

Also the piece you found you have to be really careful when trying to place it back...I broke mine trying to put it back. It's really weak and I was using tweezers.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait, the plastic piece on the outside, or something on the inside, maybe it's not as bad, try a ds nerf shell if maybe? but i dont like those so i dont have one.

daboss23

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol haha my ds shoulder r button got scrapped i was walking around playing my ds then some idiot walks by and somehow cracks the entire topscreen stereo and all then the screen was just hanging on the other side ... my dad super glued it back on but it turn r button sacrifice. wah!!!!!!!!!!!
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk