Hacking is my 3ds flashcard broken? [noob post]

Gyrobax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, lately I've been wanting to play with my R4i sdhc dual core flash card on my 3ds,
worked before a couple of weeks ago and lately it won't even load up the spongebob logo on the 3ds home menu cartridge slot. is this a sign that my cartridge is broken? or is there a fix for it?
edit: I also tried it on my DSIXL and DS Lite and neither of those two work

Last edited by Gyrobax,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sounds like a contact issue.
use a qtip to remove grime and dust from the contacts (of both the cart and the sd if it has one)
see if that helps. if not, carefully use another qtip and clean them with some rubbing alcohol or contact spray.

do other games still work?

Gyrobax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a contact issue.
use a qtip to remove grime and dust from the contacts (of both the cart and the sd if it has one)
see if that helps. if not, carefully use another qtip and clean them with some rubbing alcohol or contact spray.

do other games still work?
yeah, all of my ds games and 3ds games work (well with the occasion of diddy kong racing ds but that just needed cleaning)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, all of my ds games and 3ds games work (well with the occasion of diddy kong racing ds but that just needed cleaning)
see what happens when you clean the contacts.

this is somewhat of a known issue with cheap carts of anykind. the contacts slowly scratch away which can cause issues. other than cleaning, you could try pushing the cart into the slot with one or two strips of paper to push the carts contacts closer to the 3ds' contacts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox