bunny5390

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
XP
Country
Canada
(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this!)

I'm looking for a good place to get a Gateway since I'm getting one for christmas. I'm Canadian, so since I left it so long and don't want to pay express shipping, I've been looking at modChipCentral (They ship from Canada, are pretty close, and you can pay in Canadian dollars), however I'm a little bit wary after reading these: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ModchipCentral

How have your guy's experiences with them been? Any other resellers you would recomend?

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were very trustworthy for me. I submitted my order and promptly got what I bought in the mail in 4 days. You mentioned you were Canadian however, so I don't know what goes on between the borders that might delay shipment, though I doubt that will be a problem.

If you're worried about credit card fraud, you shouldn't be, although you should note that they can't accept PayPal due to policies out of their control (I hear WCRepairs takes PayPal, but from what I understand a lot of people had problems with them).

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They were very trustworthy for me. I submitted my order and promptly got what I bought in the mail in 4 days. You mentioned you were Canadian however, so I don't know what goes on between the borders that might delay shipment, though I doubt that will be a problem.

If you're worried about credit card fraud, you shouldn't be, although you should note that they can't accept PayPal due to policies out of their control (I hear WCRepairs takes PayPal, but from what I understand a lot of people had problems with them).

ModchipCentral has a Canadian warehouse as well, I buy from them no prob all the time.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not recommend doing business with these theives. They are scamming Tempers with Wiikey U preorders.

They took preorders and six months later there is still no product. Charged customer's credit cards $114 and demand a 25% restocking fee to cancel your order for a product that they cannot deliver. Their terms and conditions are written so they can not deliver your product, can delay indefinitely and keep your money.

Check out the last few pages of the "Where is Wiikey U?" thread over on the Wii U section.

You have been warned

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered my gateway from them in September.. Arrived in 7 days.. works perfectly.. also used them in the past for 360 reasons.. never had an issue.. and If i have they always addressed it.. The last time I was tripping was because I couldn't wait for GW..Smash wassss so close to release in JP lol

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would not recommend doing business with these theives. They are scamming Tempers with Wiikey U preorders.

They took preorders and six months later there is still no product. Charged customer's credit cards $114 and demand a 25% restocking fee to cancel your order for a product that they cannot deliver. Their terms and conditions are written so they can not deliver your product, can delay indefinitely and keep your money.

Check out the last few pages of the "Where is Wiikey U?" thread over on the Wii U section.

You have been warned

They're not scamming people. People need to learn how to read.

To OP: I've ordered many times from them and have never had any issues.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

You have been warned
the wiikeyU was out of their control. How can you expect them to know that was going to happen?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was going to order GW from them because they were giving a free 3ds USB charge cable and a usb sd reader with purchase, (not sure if they are still doing that)
but i think they would not accept my CC, i think they do not not accept visa, only mastercard i think ,i forget but i think they only accept a certain card
i ended up ordering from RHS instead which i was leaning to because of faster shipping because i am on the east coast and they ship from NJ , came in like 4 days from RHS ,just like my DSTWO

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have to do full refund. that is all. Nobody is expecting them to create a Wiikey U.
Modchipcentral is refusing to offer a fellow Temper a full refund. That is in their control. So how would you answer the question "Is ModchipCentral Trustworthy?"

He will get his money back in the end but will have to spend a lot of time on the phone with his bank disputing the charge.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Modchipcentral is refusing to offer a fellow Temper a full refund. That is in their control. So how would you answer the question "Is ModchipCentral Trustworthy?"

He will get his money back in the end but will have to spend a lot of time on the phone with his bank disputing the charge.

I totally agree with you and my post wasn't aimed for you. If you sell someting you don't have, you do a full refund when requested. Modchipcentral had to investigate the situation before opening pre-orders and taking people's money.

Reactions: thorasgar

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

He pre-ordered, then decided that he's impatient and doesn't want to wait for the product to come out. Whose fault is that?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He pre-ordered, then decided that he's impatient and doesn't want to wait for the product to come out. Whose fault is that?
Impatient? Seriously?

The stated release date was July or August and it is now December. How many years due you feel they should be able to hold his money?

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
He pre-ordered and then understood modchipcentral was selling a product which never existed and will never exist, so decided to take his money back. Whose fault is that?

You have proof that it doesn't exist?
Impatient? Seriously?

The stated release date was July or August and it is now December. How many years due you feel they should be able to hold his money?
There was never a release date set by the key team.
SHIPPING LATE NOVEMBER* STILL IN PRODUCTION NO EXACT DATE OF ARRIVAL YET
*DATE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Is the whole "STILL IN PRODUCTION NO EXACT DATE OF ARRIVAL YET" and "*DATE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE" not enough for you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*