Hacking Is it worth it?

glowworm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I currently have a Supercard Lite and a Superkey, it works okay with NDS Games and Moonshell, but I'm wondering if it's worth switching from the 2-slot to the 1-slot. It's possible to use the DS browser with both the Supercard and R4, right? And if I were to switch to this solution, what process would I need to go through to switch my SC games to make it an R4 game?

Thanks in advance.

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
Wow. I was in the exact same position as you a few weeks ago. I decide to upgrade because I needed more space for multimedia, so I order a M3 Real.

If you want to play your supercard saves on the R4, convert them here:

http://shunyweb.info/

R4s run clean ROMS, so just copy the clean ROM and the converted .sav file to the R4 to begin playing where you left off.

Remember to backup your saves.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes it is possible to use the DS Opera browser using the Supercard in he slot 2 (provided you do not have a Supercard Lite Rumble)

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I say go for it. Patching games for SCL is tedious and the R4 menu is easily skinnable. Well, those were my reasons for switching anyway
tongue.gif

glowworm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any other pluses I should know about?

And I'm wondering if I should upgrade to a MicroSD bigger than my 1GB when I would mostly use it for game and some music.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm...to me I wouldn't do it.

I currently uses Slot 2 solution (EZ-Flash 4) as well, and I thought about getting an R4 many times before but resisted. After all, my EZ-Flash 4 is still serving me well, playing every NDS games I want to play such as Cooking Mama 2 and Contra 4.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wouldn't buy an R4 now. A new version is coming out soon (they say) and also the last firmware hasn't delivered what they have promised...

Also the R4 menu seems too basic to me.

I would better go for a CycloDS Evolution or a SuperCard DS One SDHC.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The R4 Team only came up after a lot of time with the fix for the ARM7 problem. My SuperCard miniSD worked flawlessy with everyone of them, and no fix needed.

Only for this, I wouldn't buy an R4. What if more games come out with some kind of other problem? I have to wait 2 months before playing them without opening them out and exchanging files? It could even be a problem that can't be fixed with DSLazy.

Better sticking with the "OLD" but trustworthy SuperCard Team, and getting a SuperCard DS One. I'm getting one soon, myself. Or a CycloDS? Hmm... I really want that Wii Connectivity
unsure.gif
But surely, not an R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: