Hacking Is it safe to delete the EULA and Region channels?

  • Thread starter Thread starter deceptica
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,887
  • Replies Replies 14

deceptica

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
67
Country
According to the wiibrew page for Any Title Deleter:

"The brick protection prevents the following titles from being deleted:

...

...Region Select and EULA for your region. (0x10008-HALx and 0x10008-HAKx)"


So has anyone deleted them with no adverse effects?
 
Well the eula gets downloaded everytime you accept it, so if you delete it, maybe you just wont be able to acces to WFC or anything that has to do with internet connection, the RGNSEL I wouldn't mess with that, cause it is a brick for sure, but anyway, don't delete them cause it has nothing interesting to delete, just like deleting the SysMenu...!!
wink.gif
 
Well I still don't like to uninstall things that they are not supoused to be uninstalled, but that is a personal choice, you can do with your Wii same as you do with your @$$...!!
smile.gif
 
ddp127: They have already been binned. Photo channel too. It just bugs me that the EULA channel especially, serves no useful purpose (to me anyway).
 
the EULA "channel" shows that you've accepted the agreement to go online with your Wii

if you deleted it, you would have to accept the EULA agian before your Wii could go online
 
2 Channels in my Wii 3.2U: EULA (HAKP) and EULA (HALE). I've deleted the first... What will happen to me?
 
Fortrex said:
2 Channels in my Wii 3.2U: EULA (HAKP) and EULA (HALE). I've deleted the first... What will happen to me?

I think its going to start burning when you pee... Man you have really done it.
 
Why do people do this stuff without being reasonably sure beforehand what it will do? It's like the people who randomly decide to delete IOS versions and end up screwing up their Wii. I just don't understand it.
 
QUOTE said:
Why do people do this stuff without being reasonably sure beforehand what it will do? It's like the people who randomly decide to delete IOS versions and end up screwing up their Wii. I just don't understand it.
For neglect?

Well...
Nothing is happen to the Wii after that. I can play online too as before.

I've deleted the file during my attempt to remove duplicate channels, and I got it.

HAKP
 
Fortrex said:
2 Channels in my Wii 3.2U: EULA (HAKP) and EULA (HALE). I've deleted the first... What will happen to me?

hmm... game ID's with a P on the end are PAL games, and E are NTSC so deleting the one with the PAL end might preven you from playing with people n the UK
tongue.gif


just a thought XD
 
zidane_genome said:
the EULA "channel" shows that you've accepted the agreement to go online with your Wii

if you deleted it, you would have to accept the EULA agian before your Wii could go online
I've played online without accept nothing again.


mikeyt1998 said:
hmm... game ID's with a P on the end are PAL games, and E are NTSC so deleting the one with the PAL end might preven you from playing with people n the UK
tongue.gif


just a thought XD

So is only that?
Well, there is a way to reinstall?
 

Site & Scene News