Hacking Is it safe to buy a ds lite from dealextreme?

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just curious about buying a dslite from dealextreme. It seems like a pretty safe site but I'm just not sure if its a good idea. Has anyone bought one from there?

T

tal32123

i haven't bought anything from there, but i did my homework on that site so heres the scoop:
they are legit, yet it takes between 2 weeks to a month for your order to arrive. the only reason everything is so cheap is because they buy tons of the products (kind of like walmart) also i don't think youll have a good warrantee from there if any. hope i helped

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they are legit. Yes shipping usually takes a while (a week to even a month+). Customer support is kinda lacking.

Long story short, if you aren't in a hurry and want to save a few bucks...DX is the way to go.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would be warey as some of them say reconditioned or maby reconditioned! (site states REFURBISHED)

saving a few bucks may not be that great if you discover its reconditioned and not new!

at least if you buy from a store or other retailer you don't have a few hundred miles to return it in the event of a problem!

edit just read this

QUOTE said:
Specifications

* Refurbished Product (warranty disclaimer): this is a refurbished product and does not come with any warranties from its manufacturer. If the device becomes defective, customers should contact local Nintendo repair centers for paid repair services.

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes Deal Extreme are legit. I buy stuff all the time BUT always check the forums for product info first.
There have been a few threads on the "refurbished" DSLites and you should definitely check them out. Warning - some of the pics are not pretty!
Also, as already stated, there are major warranty issues with these items.

I would recommend spending extra to get a new or even good secondhand console locally.

DarkAdamm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use them alot myself. But like they said if anything goes wrong with the transaction it can be a big hassle. You have to read the return instructions very well. But if all goes well, you usually get a good deal. And I am almost sure all the DS systems on there are refurbished items.

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can wait but I don't want to get it and then have it break once I get it. Also I went on the forums and I could'nt find them talking about the refurbished ds. Where can I search in the forum or should I just go to the product?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: