SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Preloader is System Menu-based and BootMii is Boot2-based.

However, I think a Boot2-based Preloader would be viable though BootMii is largely the same (brick-protection wise) without the hacks.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My good sir, I have been attempting just that.

My first attempt was not a complete success. I put bootmii data on a cd-r and preloader data on another cd-r. I then stacked these disk on top of each other and stepped on them. I was hoping to bind the discs together, but it didn't seem to work. I proceeded to stomp about. Eventually the cd's were in pieces. I took these fragments and ate them. They cut my mouth and throat as they went down. I had stomach pain for days and blood in my stool. But as the fragments "worked" their way out of my body I found they were now bound together with my poop and blood. I decided to spread this substance all over my wii and shoved as much as I could into the disc bay, in hopes of reaching my original goal.

I found two things out that day. The wii is too weak to run poop (disc-read error) and my wii looks good in brown.

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I re-iterate the first part of Lex's message.. I kinda get it but not fully. I thought priiLoader was just a different way of booting BootMii. It's not? PriiLoader is completely different NAND backup system?

I must disagree with prophet, all though his post seems to be an attempt to make others look silly for asking a legitimate question, My wii DOES actually work better with no DRE's when it is covered in stool.

LexLuthor

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he basically means have a app like Priiloader (with hacks and whatnot but also including the NAND backup capabilities of bootmii) that boots from boot2.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, the boot2 of new Wiis can't be modified, so rather than adding preloader features to a boot2, wouldn't it be more logical to add bootmii-like functionality to priiloader? And maybe a GUI makeover, too xD To make it look more like bootmii.

@ Prophet: that was funny xD

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootmii runs along with mini. preloader runs with an IOS. by its very nature, preloader and any variation of it must at least start out with a IOS running. They can load mini once they start. But they must be at 0x1/0x2. And just by this fact alone, you will never get the brick protection that bootmii at boot2 offers. if the IOS that the system menu calls for is broken, as these noobs love to do, or if the system menu is reinstalled, BAM, there goes your brick protection.

Having a preloader that can backup/restore a NAND dump is no more benificial than one that can start bootmii IOS.

oh yeah-- bootmii isnt open source. it would have to be written from scratch.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay, sensible person!
biggrin.gif

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prophet said:
My good sir, I have been attempting just that.

My first attempt was not a complete success. I put bootmii data on a cd-r and preloader data on another cd-r. I then stacked these disk on top of each other and stepped on them. I was hoping to bind the discs together, but it didn't seem to work. I proceeded to stomp about. Eventually the cd's were in pieces. I took these fragments and ate them. They cut my mouth and throat as they went down. I had stomach pain for days and blood in my stool. But as the fragments "worked" their way out of my body I found they were now bound together with my poop and blood. I decided to spread this substance all over my wii and shoved as much as I could into the disc bay, in hopes of reaching my original goal.

I found two things out that day. The wii is too weak to run poop (disc-read error) and my wii looks good in brown.

I tried the cig lighter method, they finally became one, however the black soot ruined my wii lens. Back to square one. I tried the microwave as well and it still wouldnt work. However CDs in the microwave make awesome ashtrays. I now have a deblob ashtray and a Game Party 3 ashtray. SWEEEET

Jaxman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO it isn't possible then?
I was wondering if the bootmii could be modified to do system menu hacks like preloader also a gui on preloader would be nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1