Hacking Is it possible to...

Dthruking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
play HD DVD"s on the wii? I just bought the HD cables for it so i could hook it up to my HDTV and i was just wondering if this was possible. Since with the wiikey you can play regular DVD's i was just wondering if you could play the HD dvd's and have them actually be in HD

thanks in advance

Jon

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you kidding me? even with xbox 360 you have to purchase a separate HD DVD player so the answer is NO. it can never be used as a HD DVD or Blu Ray Disc player.

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
Hooking up the XBOX 360's HD-DVD drive to the Wii would definitely work. And custom software running on the Wii could certainly access the drive. But playing back HD-DVD media on a system which only support 480p maximum output is unfortunately just as pointless as buying a wife without horny.

I'm definitely sure we'll see such frankensteinism on the PS3 though... PS3's hypervisor allows Linux implementation to access the USB port, and projects attempting to port the drive's drivers to Linux for the PC are allready producing results.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laugh.gif
@ "buying a wife without horny"

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even with an external HD-DVD/BluRay drive it still wouldn't be possible.
The Wii simple doesn't have enough processing power to be able to playback HD content.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well HD resolution games are very much possible on the Wii, Nintendo just play down this fact. The original Xbox had many games that supported 720p, heck a couple even supported 1080i and as we know the Wii is more powerful than the Xbox.

In a couple of years time I think we will start to see some 720p games on the Wii.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4