Is it possible to use Bloopair on Nintendont injections?

Super_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because for me it shuts off and doesn't turn back on but I didn't try a lot of thigns since I don't know what I can, i'm new to this hacking and modding stuff. Thank you

Edit: the controller shutts off so not the blackscreen issue

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Theoretically it might be possible to port Bloopair to Nintendont as both run on (different versions of?) IOSU.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ask yourself, what does Bloopair does? It spoof any supported Bluetooth controller so the system recognize it as a Wii U Pro Controller, now ask yourself this. Does the Wii U Pro Controller works on Wii VC Injects?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Theoretically it might be possible to port Bloopair to Nintendont as both run on (different versions of?) IOSU.
Bluetooth controller support (Classic Controller (Pro), Wii U Pro Controller)
(Source: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont )

...So Nintendont already supports 3rd party bluetooth controllers. Probably all that's missing is the correct controller.ini file.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@godreborn Note: I didn't say Bloopair works on vWii but I said Nintendont supports 3rd party bluetooth controllers. So yea, Bloopair will shutdown when the console reboots to vWii but Nintendont should be able to pick the controller up again on its own from within vWii. For me it looks as all that's missing for that magic to work is a correct contoller.ini for Nintendont (cause as you say: Nintendont is not Bloopair, so both need their own contoller configs).

//EDIT: @Super_K What's the exact controller you want to use with Nintendont?

//EDIT²: To explain this some more: Think about a PC dual booting to either Windows or Linux. Now you want to use a bluetooth controller on that PC: Windows supporting the controller won't make it work on Linux and vice versa but when both operating systems have a driver the controller should work all the time, right?
Now translate the same to the problem at hand: CafeOS is Windows and vWii is Linux. CafeOS got a driver with bloopair, vWii from Nintendont. So the controller should work all the time, right? The only reason it doesn't is that Nintendont is missing the drivers configuration.

//EDIT³: Also @Super_K Disable Wii U gamepad (DRC) support at Nintendont as both, DRC and your bluetooth controller, might be registered to the same slot but the DRC always wins in that case (which means the bluetooth controller gets ignored even if supported... A really stupid design issue of Nintendont but oh well).

Last edited by V10lator,

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
(Source: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont )

...So Nintendont already supports 3rd party bluetooth controllers. Probably all that's missing is the correct controller.ini file.

Classic Controllers are the things that plug into the bottom of Wiimotes, and Wii U Pro Controllers are internally just another Wiimote+extension controller combo. So those controllers are all Wiimotes, in the scheme of things. Nintendont doesn't have support for arbitrary Bluetooth controllers, just Wiimotes and "Wiimotes".

Super_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@godreborn Note: I didn't say Bloopair works on vWii but I said Nintendont supports 3rd party bluetooth controllers. So yea, Bloopair will shutdown when the console reboots to vWii but Nintendont should be able to pick the controller up again on its own from within vWii. For me it looks as all that's missing for that magic to work is a correct contoller.ini for Nintendont (cause as you say: Nintendont is not Bloopair, so both need their own contoller configs).

//EDIT: @Super_K What's the exact controller you want to use with Nintendont?

//EDIT²: To explain this some more: Think about a PC dual booting to either Windows or Linux. Now you want to use a bluetooth controller on that PC: Windows supporting the controller won't make it work on Linux and vice versa but when both operating systems have a driver the controller should work all the time, right?
Now translate the same to the problem at hand: CafeOS is Windows and vWii is Linux. CafeOS got a driver with bloopair, vWii from Nintendont. So the controller should work all the time, right? The only reason it doesn't is that Nintendont is missing the drivers configuration.

//EDIT³: Also @Super_K Disable Wii U gamepad (DRC) support at Nintendont as both, DRC and your bluetooth controller, might be registered to the same slot but the DRC always wins in that case (which means the bluetooth controller gets ignored even if supported... A really stupid design issue of Nintendont but oh well).
I only have a switch pro controller so I tried with that. And if it's possible I want to use both the gamepad and pro controller

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your only option afaik is fakemote, but I don't know what controllers are compatible with it as I've never used it. it fakes a wiimote or wiimote classic/pro controller.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. I know you can use a gamepad as long as it asks you if you want to use a gamepad beforehand. I've never tried nintedont injections. I just use the nintendont forwarder.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The IOSU is not running at all while in vWii.
While in vWii IOS's are used and run on the starbuck. The issue is that bluetooth controller connections are not handled in the IOS but on the PPC, so each game / app would need to support a specific controller.

Simply adding a config file to Nintendont won't support more bluetooth controllers. Nintendont uses a modified version of libwbt which supports Wiimotes and the Wii U pro controller. Adding support for more controllers would require reworking some things in Nintendont.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda annoying it doesn't cause GameCube games without anolog on some games are bad I really wish the gamepad had anolog triggers

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda annoying it doesn't cause GameCube games without anolog on some games are bad I really wish the gamepad had anolog triggers

I definitely want bloopair support in Nintendont.
That being said, you can use USB adapter for gamecube controllers.
No idea if it affects the analog function.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I definitely want bloopair support in Nintendont.
That being said, you can use USB adapter for gamecube controllers.
No idea if it affects the analog function.
Nintendont works just fine with analog triggers, both with the adapter (which is HID) and real GCN controller ports. Also with the original Classic Controller. (Which is why I don't have a Pro version, only four original ones - all I'm missing for 8P Double Dash is seven more people :P)
The IOSU is not running at all while in vWii.
While in vWii IOS's are used and run on the starbuck. The issue is that bluetooth controller connections are not handled in the IOS but on the PPC, so each game / app would need to support a specific controller.

Simply adding a config file to Nintendont won't support more bluetooth controllers. Nintendont uses a modified version of libwbt which supports Wiimotes and the Wii U pro controller. Adding support for more controllers would require reworking some things in Nintendont.
^ Things aren't always as simple as "haha do thing" - you have to think about the existing codebase and also hardware limitations. Coding bare metal is often a case of "I put out the fire in the kitchen and because I did that my shed exploded and put a lawnmower through the kids' bed."
GamePad support was pretty hackishly implemented I hear, and then Nintendont kinda stopped being developed after that was finalised. (A pity - at least for now, it doesn't let you LAN with that post-launch debug build that's around)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    JakobAir @ JakobAir: The bush does offer helpful advice.