sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it possible to restore a PSP with custom firmware (4.01 m33) back to one with official firmware, send it for repair, and then reflash it to the custom firmware once more?

How do I do this, and how difficult is it? Will they be able to figure out that I've been playing backups? I'll take the memory stick out before I send it for repair. It will be an out of warranty repair.

Thanks in advance

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Okay, I was wrong. Almost had it, but was wrong.

Taken from ediblebird's topic

QUOTE said:
Once I have installed the CFW, is there any way to get back to the OFW at some point?
Yep. Just run Pandora's Battery with the Magic Memory stick again but this time press Circle, which will install Official Firmware.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've run into a little bit of a problem, potentially I have bricked the PSP. I used the pandora battery and selected the circle button option to restore the official firmware. It worked, however upon restarting the PSP with a normal battery the screen was a washed out gray/white with the text barely visible. I then went to check Sytem Settings, and now it's stuck on a blank screen and I can't get out of it. Has it been bricked?

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
sekhu said:
I've run into a little bit of a problem, potentially I have bricked the PSP. I used the pandora battery and selected the circle button option to restore the official firmware. It worked, however upon restarting the PSP with a normal battery the screen was a washed out gray/white with the text barely visible. I then went to check Sytem Settings, and now it's stuck on a blank screen and I can't get out of it. Has it been bricked?

Have you tried putting the Pandora Batery and Magic Memory Stick back in? This is usually a good indication of whether or not something is completely bricked.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've tried putting the pandora battery/memory stick back in. It gives me the options to install the 3.71 firmware, nand dump etc, however, I am unable to make a selection as the buttons don't respond. I removed the pandora stick and battery, and replaced it with a normal battery and the screen was still white. However, I changed the theme settings and I can see everything now, so I think the downgrade has happened successfully. I'm not sure why the pandora options weren't responding. Any idea why that might be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing