Is it possible to restore to Official Firmware

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by sekhu, Aug 17, 2008.

Aug 17, 2008
  1. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    Is it possible to restore a PSP with custom firmware (4.01 m33) back to one with official firmware, send it for repair, and then reflash it to the custom firmware once more?

How do I do this, and how difficult is it? Will they be able to figure out that I've been playing backups? I'll take the memory stick out before I send it for repair. It will be an out of warranty repair.

Thanks in advance

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Okay, I was wrong. Almost had it, but was wrong.

Taken from ediblebird's topic

3. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    that simple? Excellent, thanks

4. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    I've run into a little bit of a problem, potentially I have bricked the PSP. I used the pandora battery and selected the circle button option to restore the official firmware. It worked, however upon restarting the PSP with a normal battery the screen was a washed out gray/white with the text barely visible. I then went to check Sytem Settings, and now it's stuck on a blank screen and I can't get out of it. Has it been bricked?

5. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Have you tried putting the Pandora Batery and Magic Memory Stick back in? This is usually a good indication of whether or not something is completely bricked.

6. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    I've tried putting the pandora battery/memory stick back in. It gives me the options to install the 3.71 firmware, nand dump etc, however, I am unable to make a selection as the buttons don't respond. I removed the pandora stick and battery, and replaced it with a normal battery and the screen was still white. However, I changed the theme settings and I can see everything now, so I think the downgrade has happened successfully. I'm not sure why the pandora options weren't responding. Any idea why that might be?

7. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Find the flash1 formatter, if you can still run homebrew. This will wipe all settings, probably fixing any settings corruption.