Hacking Is it possible to port the front-end / NAND of the SNES/NES classic to the switch? How likely?

Kafka_esq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would honestly prefer this to emulators- the controllers and functionality of the system would work great for a portable snes/nes Classic experience, and it has already been determined that the SNES & NES classic are basically running on Linux. This is something I would love to see 100x more than just an emulator - there is something really nice about that UI and it would have a much more ‘Nintendo’ feel to boot into an immersive suite of emulated systems than just launching another janky build of retroarch.

This is my dream emulator port and I would /love/ to see it happen (so please nobody break my heart...).

Beyond the mere aesthetics of it, having the two joycons functioning as snes/nes controller’s for portable multiplayer would be amazing.

Last edited by Kafka_esq,

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, just be patient, Retro-Arch is coming for the Switch soon. (You will have multiple emulators in this one application)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dude, just be patient, Retro-Arch is coming for the Switch soon.
I would honestly prefer this to emulators- the controllers and functionality of the system would work great for a portable snes/nes Classic experience, and it has already been determined that the SNES & NES classic are basically running on Linux. This is something I would love to see 100x more than just an emulator - there is something really nice about that UI and it would have a much more ‘Nintendo’ feel to boot into an immersive suite of emulated systems than just launching another janky build of retroarch.

This is my dream emulator port and I would /love/ to see it happen (so please nobody break my heart...).

Beyond the mere aesthetics of it, having the two joycons functioning as snes/nes controller’s for portable multiplayer would be amazing.

All these homebrew applications are still being developed and it has only been like what, a few days after the release of the bootrom exploit. Please be patient.

Last edited by Centergaming,
Reactions: focusonme

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Almost Null.

The most Possible, would be Retropie.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SNES-MINI Retropie attract mode theme

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by Shadow#1,
Reactions: RetroNostalgia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock