Homebrew Is it possible to port GENS/GS?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Came across this on my travels :) http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=20023

Would it be possible to GENS/GS to the Wii? IIRC GENS has support for 32x/Mega CD. I wont pretend to know much about these type of things (I'm an Emulation user not Coder) :P

It would be cool to be able to finally play some Mega CD games (SonicCD) on the Wii :)

So, what do you all think? feasible?

Thanks.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eke-eke talked about this on the Genesis Plus GX google code page, and the amount of work required to implement such a feature would require one heck of a code rewrite. It is possible, but would require a lot work. I don't know if he is even on the GBATemp forums

Quick update: http://code.google.c...es/detail?id=29 states that adding MegaCD support was changed from Low Priority to Medium Priority. So maybe he's starting to implement it after all.

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it'd be awesome to have a complete genesis with add-ons emulation for wii. I used to play them on my PC but I enjoy the classic controller for retro gaming on wii. Just my thought.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's powerful to emulated Sega CD but the 32X, he isn't so sure about, as it requires extra power to emulate. The genesis part of the emulation code is very accurate though (more so than Gens)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night