Is it possible? To make an gba emulater on ds

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by maxlifan, Nov 6, 2006.

Nov 6, 2006
  1. maxlifan
    OP

Newcomer maxlifan Advanced Member

Canada
    Is it possible to make an gba emulater for an no gba support ds flash card like DS-X DS-LINK etc.... Cause i was thinkin that if runing ds was possible on gba cart why not the other way? Like make an homebrew .nds file which is an ds emulater and it can run ds games. Also because there's DSnes i thought this was possible. Well just sharing some thoughts lol... Not an programmer... just an guy who sells flash carts to his school mates

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    No.

Buy a slot-2 flash cart.

3. maxlifan
    OP

Newcomer maxlifan Advanced Member

Canada
    hey... what type of guy r u.. meany... thats what u or some other guy said about me being ripped form sky but i didn't get ripped and I DO HAVE M3 every kind too and 2 super card lite rumbles ... but i was just asking for my customers and friends who r buying flash cards. BTW i'm sellin and gaining profit at 13...

4. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    maxlifan: [​IMG]
    Ok, here is the thing. GBA runs on the DS (emulated to a degree) using one of the 2 processors exclusively, and it is essentially the same processor that is found in a GBA. From DS mode, that processor acts alot differently in that it handles only sound and some low level stuff instead.

It's not completely impossible to do GBA on the dual processors, it is just not worth the effort since NDS already does pretty much perfect GBA emulation on its own.

5. sage_inferno

Newcomer sage_inferno Member

United Kingdom
    running gba on slot-1 would result in a major bottleneck for performance.
    50% performance kill to be approx

6. yuwing

Member yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You give canadians a bad name. I wish you grew up some more and worked on your english before posting a question and then criticize the person who answered correctly. If it could be done, it would've been done by the same people who made the slot-1 carts. If they did, it would totally dominate the slot-2 carts.

Also, your last comment made no sense. You are trying to show off that you're making profit off your friends with your mommy's credit card? Mature individuals show off their success without speaking a word (or typing in your case).

7. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

I wasn't being mean, I was answering your question. I did it in the most concise way possible and even offered a solution. You can tell your customers exactly what I told you, if that's what you're asking for.

This has been asked multiple times.

I don't really care that you're ripping off your friends and turning a profit - any more than I care that people are selling PS3 units they don't even own already on eBay for 10x their actual value.

8. CrazyJ

Newcomer CrazyJ Newbie

United States
    I've signed up recently and the past 2 days I've seen Maxlifan mention twice he is 13 and makes profit on this.

First off I dont think anybody gives a damn because a stable jobs owns yours to hell.

Secondly if you are supposedly 13 try not to go offtop with your profit schemes.

9. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seriously stop bashing people for selling for a profit. It's more of a service. He's done his research into the flashcarts and is making sure that his friends get a good product (aka not a neoflash). He shows them how to use the device.

It's alot better than someone who doesn't know anything about flashcarts (or even computers) to try to stumble around the internet and try to find a legitimate store much less a legitimate product.

He's charging prices equivalent to if you go to a flashcart portal and accidentally buy from places like divneo who always mark up.

10. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Lol...it's the American way!

Long live capitalism!!! [​IMG]

11. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    Just look at the state of SNES emulation on DS. Then you pretty much have your answer.

12. ChowMein

Member ChowMein GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    By that, tshu means it's horrible