Hacking Is it possible to make a TP-Link into a Homepass?

dreams062

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was just wondering if it's possible or not? I'm running on a Windows XP and my TP-link is a TL-WN321G and i been try to use it a hotspot and it's not working (Not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the instillation or not but if someone has succeed please reply :yaysp:)

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes
Anyway just go to dd-wrt's site and you'll know.
It's a wireless adapter, not a router. lol.

TL-WN321G v2 uses the RT2571W chipset, which under linux uses the rt73usb driver, which is compatible with nl80211.. meaning you can use hostapd to set it up.
This info doesn't tell me whether or not it can change its MAC address, so I don't know that, but most of the older cards like that do support mac changing.

Er, which is to say, I had a lot of problems trying to get anything to work under windows xp, I couldn't find anything that actually worked to set it up. Every tool for windows I could find relied on the frameworks of win7 and 2008. and I dounf linux to be more reliable for things like this.

Alex Atkin UK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As above, on Windows XP, unlikely. You should however be able to achieve it under Linux but its going be a bit of a learning curve for you. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgy_QgVe4yA