Is it possible to make a cell phone notification ticker tape...

powblock-64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it random idea popped in my head. Have a little machine ( probably a thermal printer) and prints out your cell phone notifications in a live feed so you don't have to look at your phone and have button on it to delete all your notifications once you've read all your paper I tried searching for it online but I don't think I found anything. Is it even possible to print cell phone notifications. For reference I'm using Android 11 I know it's completely pointless but it's a great desk toy nonetheless.... (Edit: misspelled a couple of words)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure you could make such a setup.

I saw a twitter vs old school dot matrix printer a while back is not it but similar and another take on the idea..

You would presumably then have to make the interface between the phone ( https://www.slant.co/topics/1492/~best-ways-of-getting-android-notifications-on-your-pc-mac has some it looks like) and the printer. Whether you would be able to do it on a simpler device like an arduino (look for a printer with a simplistic interface language rather than say requiring properly formatted post script, should be a serial one out there somewhere) or would want to step it up to something like a raspberry pi which is probably 100x more powerful than any 486 a dot matrix would have originally likely sat on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER