Hacking Question Is it possible to install the hb-menu on 4.0.0-4.1.0 (read descripton)

mariogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, after a quick look at switchbrew, I saw that the exploit used on 3.0.0 to install hbl can be used on 4.0 firms.
Since we have access to loader and sm ( and with those all the permissions) by replacing them with hekate, we have everything to "install" the hbl over the album applet on those firmware, or do we?

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No. I'm talking about doing the same thing that we do on 3.0.0, eg. using the exploit to install without needing to re-install anything.

Won’t happen any time soon, I think it’s called ASLR and randomises the ram adresses, so we would need to find the right address first before we could attack anything specific.

D

Deleted-442439

No. I'm talking about doing the same thing that we do on 3.0.0, eg. using the exploit to install without needing to re-install anything.

SciresM said the chain exploits used to get it working on 3.0.0 are not the same for 4.x, it requires a private exploit yet to be released, can't remember the name of it though.

So it is possible, just not yet.

Reactions: mariogamer

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SciresM said the chain exploits used to get it working on 3.0.0 are not the same for 4.x, it requires a private exploit yet to be released, can't remember the name of it though.

So it is possible, just not yet.

A warmboot exploit, which is absolutely fine, but coldboot like on the 3ds won’t happen if Nintendo didn’t fuck up ASLR.

D

Deleted-442439

A warmboot exploit, which is absolutely fine, but coldboot like on the 3ds won’t happen if Nintendo didn’t fuck up ASLR.

Yes, a warmboot exploit. Scires did however also say that a persistent coldboot exploit is likely for 1.0.0, and possible up to 3.1.0, but that getting it working above 1.0.0 was unlikely at best.

What OP is referring to thought is nspwn.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox