Homebrew Is it possible to install dsiware on emunand?

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, is it possible to install dsiware on emunand. if no, is it possible to run dsiware on an dsi with r4 card?

Any help would be highly appreciated =)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, is it possible to install dsiware on emunand
Sure, but it wouldn't actually run (the copy in sysnand will be used if it exists) because nobody made emunand patches for TWL (or AGB) modes

is it possible to run dsiware on an dsi with r4 card?
No flashcard can run (most) DSiwares, not even the only DSi-mode flashcard (CycloDS iEvolution) - they're made to run from internal memory, nothing more nothing less

HiyaCFW is an in-progress project to give "emunand" to real DSis - not with a dedicated partition but by simply patching applications so they try to read from the main SD partition instead of twlnand. In theory it can be done on 3DS but have fun developing it......

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but it wouldn't actually run (the copy in sysnand will be used if it exists) because nobody made emunand patches for TWL (or AGB) modes

No flashcard can run (most) DSiwares, not even the only DSi-mode flashcard (CycloDS iEvolution) - they're made to run from internal memory, nothing more nothing less

HiyaCFW is an in-progress project to give "emunand" to real DSis - not with a dedicated partition but by simply patching applications so they try to read from the main SD partition instead of twlnand. In theory it can be done on 3DS but have fun developing it......

disappointing ^^ but thanks for the reply.

OP to build on what Ryccardo said it's going to be Easier to do (well in theory anyways)than whats going on w/ NDS-bootstrap as your not dealing w/ hardcoded reads and Save read/Writes to Slot-1 like that project is facing. (to be honest not quite on eth same scale but its nearly in the same as ReactOS (its better ya look it up yerself that i could manage to explain w/o going total geek on you) with DSiWare and and it being ment only for NAND Access, that makes things Easier in comparison to achive but the benifit vs the time effort and no pay outat it. it likely wont happen not anytime soon anyway.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it's already possible.
https://github.com/Robz8/twl_firm_patcher

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome! Thank you very much =)

With a lot of help from Robz8, i got it all working on the emunand. Wanted to thank Robz8 for his awesome support.

Last edited by defrb,

potatoho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also trying to run DSiware games on an Emunand setup. I built the twlBg.cxi (which has crc32: 42e3c342) for my n3ds using the twl_firm_patcher. However, I'm still getting the error "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off." The games works fine if I install them on both Sysnand and Emunand.

@Robz8 @defrb if you had it working, would it be ok to post additional instructions, please? Thanks!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can lead to only have SysNand and load Dsiware from the SD card, right? Is that already possible too?
For now, you still need to install the DSiWare to the SysNAND, as process9 of TWL_FIRM tries to read the arm9/7/9i/7i binaries from SysNAND, but the NitroFS data and save data of the DSiWare will be read from the SD card.

potatoho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you need an emunand anyway?

Emunand is great for tinkering. I can experiment with things that I would otherwise be uncomfortable on Sysnand. Such as resizing TWL partition to get over the 140MB limit. Since the nand is on my SD card, I can mount it on my desktop to play around with it. Also, I have SD cards for hacking and one for gaming - I can quickly swap between the two.

Reactions: nintenthUsiast2

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
For now, you still need to install the DSiWare to the SysNAND, as process9 of TWL_FIRM tries to read the arm9/7/9i/7i binaries from SysNAND, but the NitroFS data and save data of the DSiWare will be read from the SD card.

Hello,are some news about this? I would love could make it as simple as it happen with hiyaCFW :
I would love could launch DSiMenu++ and could access to dsiware ,roms and homebrew from the sdcard.

(Ah,I have installed NTR Launcher for loading my old TTDS as i do on my nds lite.)

Thank you

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,are some news about this? I would love could make it as simple as it happen with hiyaCFW :
I would love could launch DSiMenu++ and could access to dsiware ,roms and homebrew from the sdcard.

(Ah,I have installed NTR Launcher for loading my old TTDS as i do on my nds lite.)

Thank you
Nope, no news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...