Hacking Is it possible to go from 6.61 Pro-C to 6.61 ME directly?

xcore1989

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always did like ME over PRO. my friends giving me his go with pro-c on it. Is it possible to go directly from 6.61 Pro-C to 6.61 ME or do I have to do some downgrading shit?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't ME like a temporary CFW, or limited in features? I've always been a fan of PRO-C myself. But I think you can install it without having to downgrade. Or maybe just install 6.61 OFW first, I'm not 100%.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't ME like a temporary CFW, or limited in features? I've always been a fan of PRO-C myself. But I think you can install it without having to downgrade. Or maybe just install 6.61 OFW first, I'm not 100%.
Curious about the differences myself.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LME is temporary, but with that infinity thing you can make it permanent and boot right into it.

Not sure how you'd uninstall PRO-C, but you can install ME/LME on the latest firmware on any psp if you're on OFW. You don't have to downgrade.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
curious, but why would you want to go to ME? i personally tried both and ME feels inferior to PRO in terms of compatibility.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You just need to run the ME installer and it will install ME. That's it. Nothing else.
I know, I went from PRO to ME and even ME to PRO, without hassle.
I prefer ME over PRO, they both have the same options, but PRO tucks some of them away in the recovery menu, where ME doesn't do that.
ME is not temporary nor is it limited in features.

Last edited by The Catboy,

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What wasn't compatible with ME? I've never had any issues. Even with FF Type-0, which I heard some people had issues with.
i had some run ins with freezing with FF7CC and some japanese games such as SRWAP freezing randomly. but never had the issues with PRO.

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LME is temporary, but with that infinity thing you can make it permanent and boot right into it.

Not sure how you'd uninstall PRO-C, but you can install ME/LME on the latest firmware on any psp if you're on OFW. You don't have to downgrade.
To uninstall PRO-C go to PROUPDATE, you can also reinstall if needed automatically.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
You can dual boot LME and Pro-C LCFW simply by alternating which Fast Recovery launcher you use.
None of the files that are installed to flash by either CFW clash with each other.

I wouldn't be able to say for the true permanent CFW, as I don't have a pandorable PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.