Hacking Is it possible to get save files of sd card?

happyface172

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a New 3ds xl and added custom firmware on it. my old new 2ds broke and got the motherboard switched so i can't transfer my data. is it possible to get the save files off the new 2ds sd card and transfer the saves to my new 3ds?

happyface172

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you backed up the save data before it broke with JKSM or Checkpoint, or if you have a NAND backup of the 2DS and the friend file. If it never had CFW or homebrew you can't recover the saves.
I have a NAND backup of the 3ds and the friend file (is that the movable.sed?) had custom firmware on it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Only if you backed up the save data before it broke with JKSM or Checkpoint, or if you have a NAND backup of the 2DS and the friend file. If it never had CFW or homebrew you can't recover the saves.
So what do i have to do to get the save files?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a NAND backup of the 3ds and the friend file (is that the movable.sed?) had custom firmware on it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So what do i have to do to get the save files?
NAND backup alone might not do you much good but if it was made with GodMode9 then more recent versions of that embed an essentials backup inside the NAND backup which contains your OTP IIRC which lets you decrypt the NAND backup, as well as your movable.sed which can be used to decrypt SD card content. That essentials backup should also be exported to SD as essential.exefs when you first run GodMode9.
Friend file? Do you mean LocalFriendCodeSeed_B or the file that you have to dump when hacking a 3DS with certain methods? The latter is indeed movable.sed but it's only a partial one, not sure if it's good enough to do what you want to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended